Strawberries and cream cake is pretty much the perfect summer dessert choice. If you’re looking for a delicious and easy summer recipe, then look no further than this strawberry cream crumble! Check out how to make it below!
Strawberries and cream cake sounds like a summer dream, don’t you think?
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I don’t know about you, but when summer comes around, a refreshing dessert usually calls out to me. Having the tart, yet sweet flavors of berries is a great way to feed the craving!
This strawberries and cream cake mix crumble has the perfect mix of cake and berries. It’s sure to be a huge hit with friends and family when you make it!
How long do fresh strawberries last in a cake?
If you can keep the cake in an air tight container, and keep it cool in the fridge, the strawberries can last for up to a week!
Using fresh strawberries for this recipe is really ideal to keep them fresh, flavorful and and crisp!
Also, keep in mind that using a strawberry flavored box cake mix will add to the strawberry flavoring, however you can of course use any cake mix of your choice!
Here are a few handy supplies that will be helpful while making this recipe:
Try out this sweet and tart strawberry and cream cake recipe this summer!
- ● 2 lbs (approximately 4 ½ c) strawberries, stems removed and diced
- ● ⅛ + ¼ c granulated sugar, divided
- ● 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ● 1 box strawberry cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Perfectly Moist Strawberry Supreme Cake Mix, 15.25 oz)
- ● 1 block of cream cheese, softened
- ● 12 tbsp salted butter, melted (You can use salted, or unsalted butter, but I prefer the little extra added salt to balance out all the sweetness in this recipe)
- ● Olive oil/cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with olive oil, or cooking spray. Set aside. Remove stems and dice the strawberries. You can leave the strawberries in larger chunks if you prefer, but I prefer for the strawberries to cook down more, and be less lumpy. (The dicing of the strawberries is honestly the most time consuming step in the whole recipe, but so worth it to have fresh, sweet strawberries in your crumble.) Pour the strawberries into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the ⅛ c sugar and flour over the strawberries, and stir lightly to even coat the strawberries with the mixture. In a medium sized bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with the remaining ¼ c sugar on medium speed until smooth and well mixed. Add cream cheese mixture by the spoonfuls on top of the strawberries. Do not spread, just leave in spoonfuls.
- Sprinkle the bag of strawberry cake mix evenly over the strawberries and cream cheese. If there are any large clumps, light separate with a spoon or your fingers, and slightly pat down to smooth. Lastly, pour the melted butter over the cake mix as evenly as possible. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top starts to brown, and the cake is cooked through. Let cool for about 10 minutes in the baking dish before serving. I love to serve it warm with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
You can use fresh or frozen strawberries.
You can substitute the strawberry cake mix for any other flavors you would like. Yellow, white, and even chocolate cake mix are all great substitutions.
This can be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week in a well sealed container. Just reheat in the microwave.
More delicious strawberry recipes to try this year:
I hope that you find this strawberries and cream cake mix crumble recipe as delicious as I do!
If you do try out this recipe, or any of the other recommended strawberry recipes mentioned above, I’d love to hear about your experience with them in the comment section below!