Last Updated on January 20, 2024 by Allison Lancaster
Enjoy this homemade savory Bacon Pie recipe that will satisfy your craving for a hearty and wholesome meal. It’s easy to prepare using fresh and tasty ingredients!
Do you enjoy the wholesome and fulfilling taste of pot pie? If so, you need to try this incredibly easy Cheesy Bacon Pie. It contains the perfect combination of ingredients to satisfy your tastebuds and keep you coming back for more. Even if you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, you can make this meal with ease and enjoy it for lunch or dinner with your family.
What Is Cheese and Bacon Pie?
This Cheese and Bacon Pot Pie is a classic homemade meal consisting of a pie-like crust filled with savory ingredients in a creamy base. While most traditional pot pies contain chicken, this version contains crispy pieces of bacon to give it that slightly smoky yet absolutely delicious taste.
Ingredients for Bacon Pie
Be sure to gather the following ingredients needed to make this excellent Pot Pie Recipe:
- Bacon – Cook your bacon in advance and chop it into pieces before you use it.
- Cheddar Cheese – Use shredded cheese to add more flavor to this meal.
- Milk – Use milk to make a creamy base for the inside of the pie.
- Red Potatoes – Peel the skin of your potatoes and then cut them into small pieces.
- Pie Crust – Grab 1 flavorful flaky pie crust or create a homemade crust using flour and other ingredients. You’ll use one for the top and one for the bottom.
These are the primary ingredients needed to prepare this delicious Bacon Pot Pie that you’ll enjoy eating with family and friends.
How to Make Bacon Pie
Follow these easy instructions to prepare a flavorful Bacon Pot Pie with ease!
- Cook your bacon, drain the grease, and chop it into small pieces.
- Place your pie crust in a pan.
- Combine milk, shredded cheese, chopped bacon, frozen veggies (optional), and butter.
- Pour into the pan on top of the crust and then top the dish with another prepared pie crust.
- Place your Bacon Pot Pie in the oven and bake it for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Slice and enjoy!
What type of bacon do I need to use in this recipe?
You can use any type of bacon that you prefer, such as hardwood smoked, low-sodium, or even applewood smoked bacon. Choose any brand you enjoy!
Can I add extra ingredients to the Bacon Pot Pie?
Absolutely. In addition to your frozen peas and carrots, you can add some corn or even chopped broccoli into the mix. Some people like to add shredded or chopped pieces of chicken to this dish.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Use a fork to poke holes in your crescent sheet before you place the Bacon Pot Pie in the oven.
- Add a bit of melted butter on top of the crescent sheet and pie crust to give it the perfect taste when you bite into it.
Other Recipes to Try
- Cream Cheese Bacon & Ranch Pinwheels
- 5 Minute Bacon & Apple Grilled Cheese
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole
Can I free pot pie?
Yes! You can put together the pot pie and freeze it prior to baking. I would recommend freezing the pot pie wrapped with foil in a disposable pie pan.
How do I thaw frozen pot pie?
To thaw a frozen pot pie you will want to put the frozen pot pie in your refrigerator 2-3 days prior to baking. This will allow your pot pie to thaw safely and without compromising the pie crust or making it too watery.
- 3 to 4 red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a deep dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes in a small, microwave-safe bowl with the water. Cover with plastic wrap, vented on one side. Microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes, depending on the wattage of your microwave, or until the potatoes are beginning to soften. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the seasonings and flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly. Continue cooking until the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the cheese and remove from heat.
- Place one pie crust into the bottom of the pie plate. On the pie crust, place the potatoes, onions, bacon, and green beans. Pour the cheese sauce over the top. Cover the pie with the remaining pie crust, pressing to seal the edges. Cut small holes in the top to vent.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the crust is golden. Allow the pie to rest for 10 minutes prior to cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex 2-Piece Glass Pie Plate Set, 9.5-Inch Pie Dish, Glass Baking Dish, Dishwashwer, Microwave, Freezer and Pre-Heated Oven Safe
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
AIDEA Wood Cutting Board with Handle, Cheese Board Chartuterie Board for Kitchen, Party