Fall is right around the corner. That means, slow cooker soups (yay!). We use our slow cooker almost daily and this is one of my favorite ‘meal hacks’ using the slow cooker. I am so excited to show you How To Cook Ground Beef In Your slow cooker. By now, you all know that I love a quick and easy dinner. When it comes to dinner prep, anything that makes my life easier…I am all in! While I have heard of cooking ground beef in my crock pot, I was always a little scared to try it. I was afraid it would be too mushy or burn. Finally, yesterday I decided to try it and I am so excited to share–it is my new favorite cooking tip!
- Spray your crock pot with non stick spray
- Add 1 lb. of ground beef (we use venison, you can use any ‘ground meat’ that you like!). I added mine completely frozen and had no issues.
- Add 1 cup of beef broth
- Add any seasonings (for example-I added garlic salt, pepper and oregano because I was using the meat in spaghetti sauce)
- Cover and cook on low for 3.5 hours. Check your crock pot periodically, stirring and breaking the meat apart as it cooks.
- Add your meat to any recipe, or freeze.
How easy was that? This isn’t really a crock pot recipe that you can put in and leave while you are gone for 8 hours, but it’s a great idea to throw it in on a Sunday afternoon to use the rest of the week