Mom’s lasagna recipe is one that I’m so excited to share with you today. This is an easy 10 step recipe for her wonderful homemade lasagna! Stay tuned to see how you can make this meal for your own family!
I joke that my mom’s 10 step lasagna is why my husband married me. Except…when we got married, I couldn’t make it quite like my mom. Ok, I couldn’t make it like my mom at all.
Now I know, 4 years later, that my brother and husband called it lasagna dip behind my back for the entire first year of our marriage. Thanks, guys.
Apparently the flavor was delicious…texture, not so much. Now that I have perfected my mom’s lasagna, I wanted to share it with ya’ll.
I earn a small affiliate commission from the purchase of some of these products. Thank you for supporting my blog.
I make this as a venison lasagna recipe, however feel free to use whatever meat that you prefer!
Read Next: How to Cook Ground Beef in Your Slow Cooker
Here are the steps to make lasagna.
Mom’s 10 Step Lasagna
- Brown your ground beef..venison..etc. Stir in sauce, spices and let simmer. I use venison for almost everything, but you can use any ground meat that you like.
2. Add approximately 1/2 of sauce mixture to 9×13″ greased pan
3. Add a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles
4. Add egg into cottage cheese, mix together (I mix mine in the cottage cheese container)
5. Add egg/cottage cheese mixture as next layer
6. Add another layer of uncooked lasagna noodles
7. Add remaining sauce, cover with foil, cook at 350 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until noodles are cooked.
8. Cook uncovered for approximately 10 minutes
9. Remove lasagna from oven, cover with shredded cheese, place back in oven until cheese is fully melted
I’d love to know how you enjoyed this lasagna recipe if you try it out on your own! Let me know below!
Mom’s Easy Lasagna
- 1 Package Lasagna Noodles Uncooked
- 1 8 oz. can of spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb. Ground Beef or venison
- 1 8 oz. Container Cottage Cheese Small Curd
- 1 8 oz. Package Shredded Italian Cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
Brown ground beef. Note: I use venison-you can use any ‘ground’ meat you like
Drain beef, add back to low heat
Stir in spaghetti sauce, salt, pepper and garlic salt to ground beef
Allow sauce mixture to simmer for 5-10 minutes, slowly stirring
Add half of sauce mixture to greased 9×13″ pan
Add layer of lasagna noodles on top of sauce mixture, making sure to cover edges Note: you may have to break some noodles in half to make them fit
Whisk 1 egg into cottage cheese
Add cottage cheese/egg mixture as next layer
Add layer of lasgna noodles on top of cottage cheese mixture, making sure to cover edges
Add remaining sauce mixture as next layer
Cover pan with foil
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Note: Use a fork to see if lasagna noodles are soft, when noodles are soft at edges and in middle, remove from oven.
Remove pan from oven, remove foil
Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for 10 minutes.
Remove pan from oven, spread entire 8oz. of shredded cheese across lasagna.
Place back in oven until cheese completely melts.
Remove from oven, let rest for approximately 10 minutes. Cut and serve!