Last Updated on November 22, 2022 by Allison Lancaster
Slightly sweet, with all the crunch you crave, these oven baked bacon wrapped “fried” pickles are the perfect party appetizer!
When it’s time to get your friends or family together, you need easy, fun food. Appetizers, or finger foods are almost always on our menu. Simple to make, easy to eat, and loads of fun foods are the ticket.
Fried pickles are one of my favorite appetizers! After eating them at a local restaurant recently, I knew I had to try and make them at home. The only issue was the hot frying oil. Hot oil+young kids who need my attention=not a good combination.
So, after some experimenting, this is what I came up with. Oven baked “fried” pickles.
You don’t need to stand over a hot pot of oil to get the crispy, crunchy pickles you are craving. Now, you can make the famous restaurant appetizer at home, in any oven.
How easy are these fried pickles to make?
Super easy, and you can even have the kids help a bit, if you want. Let them wrap the bacon around the pickle spears, stir the seasonings, or even dip the spears in the bread crumbs. They will love helping!
From start to finish, this recipe takes about 15 minutes to make. This makes it a perfect last minute appetizer as well.
Need some other recipe inspiration? Check out these posts:
What kind of pickles can I use with these fried pickles?
I personally prefer the dill pickles with the savory seasonings and bacon. However, if you want to try different flavors, try:
- Baby Gherkins
- Bread and Butter spears
- Homemade pickles work great with this!
- 1 Jar of Dill Pickles (Spears)
- 16 ounce package of Bacon
- 2 cups of Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon of Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Ranch (for dipping)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Take a large bowl and add in your bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix until well combined.
- In another small bowl Whisk together your eggs and milk.
- Wrap one pickle spear with one slice of bacon, tightly.
- Coat pickle and bacon in your milk and egg mixture.
- Next place in the bread crumbs and coat them well.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown, or bacon is crispy
- Serve with ranch, if desired.
What is your favorite party appetizer? Will you try these oven baked fried pickles?
Oven Baked Fried Pickles
Easy oven baked recipe for that crispy crunchy appetizer at home!
- 1 jar dill pickle spears
- 1 16 ounce package bacon
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- ranch for dipping, if desired
Preheat the over to 425 degrees.
Take a large bowl and add in your bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
Mix until well combined.
In another small bowl, whisk together your eggs and milk.Wrap one pickle spear with one slice of bacon, tightly.
Coat pickle and bacon in your milk and egg mixture.
Next place in the bread crumbs and coat them well.
Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown, or bacon is crispy.
Serve with ranch, if desired.