This easy pumpkin spice loaf is a warm and pumpkin-y dessert bread that combines pumpkin puree with nutmeg, cinnamon, and crunchy walnuts for an irresistible Fall treat!
Fall is in the air, and that means one thing: pumpkin spice season! If you’re looking for an easy pumpkin spice bread recipe, look no further. This 5-step recipe is simple to follow and produces a delicious loaf of bread that everyone will love. Whether you’re serving it as a snack or dessert, this pumpkin spice loaf will be sure to please. So get started and enjoy some autumn baking!
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Spice Loaf
- In 5 simple steps, you’ll be enjoying a warm slice of this pumpkin spice loaf. It’s perfect for Fall gatherings and makes a great gift, too!
- This recipe uses just a few ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry.
- The pumpkin puree gives the bread its moist texture and signature flavor, while the addition of nutmeg, cinnamon, and chopped walnuts adds just the right amount of spice and crunch.
- The bread can be enjoyed as is, or you can dress it up with a simple glaze or cream cheese frosting.
Equipment You’ll Need To Make Pumpkin Bread
- 2 – 8×4 Loaf Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Stand or Hand mixer
- Wet & Dry Measuring Cups
- Butter or Cooking Spray
Ingredients For Your Pumpkin Loaf
- Vegetable Oil
- Large Eggs
- Pumpkin Puree
- Baking Soda
How to Make a Moist Pumpkin Loaf
- To make the bread, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, combine the sugar and oil in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Then add the eggs, water, and pumpkin puree and mix again on high until everything is thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until everything is well combined. Finally, stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Grease two loaf pans with butter or cooking spray and divide the batter evenly between them. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pans for about 15 minutes before removing to finish cooling on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature, with or without a glaze or frosting. Enjoy!
How To Store & Reheat Pumpkin Bread
This bread is best enjoyed the day it’s made. However, if you have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days and in the fridge for up to a week.
To reheat, simply slice and enjoy as is, or pop a slice in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
Can I freeze this pumpkin loaf?
Yes! This bread freezes well for up to three months. Simply wrap the cooled loaf tightly in plastic wrap, then place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. When you’re ready to enjoy, thaw overnight in the fridge and slice as desired.
Can I reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe?
Yes, you can reduce the sugar by half if desired. The bread will be less sweet but still delicious.
Can I use canned pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree?
Yes, you can use canned pumpkin pie filling. However, the bread will be sweeter, so you definitely want to reduce the sugar down to a cup, and it will have more of a pumpkin pie flavor as opposed to a pumpkin spice bread flavor.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free flour or even going for almond or coconut flour. If you decide to use almond flour, try roasting the flour before adding it to the batter for a nuttier flavor. Just place the flour on a baking sheet and roast at 350 degrees F for about ten minutes, stirring a few times during roasting. Allow to cool before adding to the batter.
Other Pumpkin Recipes You’re Sure To Love
- Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- No-Bake Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake
Whether you’re looking for an easy pumpkin spice bread recipe or just a delicious Fall treat, this pumpkin spice loaf is sure to please. So get baking and enjoy some autumn goodness!
What are your favorite Fall recipes? Let us know in the comments below! And be sure to check out our other seasonal favorites like our Apple Crisp or Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake. Happy baking!
Easy 5-Step Pumpkin Spice Loaf
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 2/3 Cup Water
- 3 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
Mix your oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and water on high with a mixer.
Add flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon, and pecans.
Blend lightly until mixed well.
Pour into two large loaf pans, that are greased with butter and flour.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until baked through. Cool & Enjoy!