When you are craving pumpkin, these muffins will be your new go-to recipe. They are decadent enough to be a dessert, but with only 3 ingredients…they’re easy enough you can make them for breakfast before a busy day!
This post may contain affiliate links.
I haven’t talked about it much here on my blog, but I have been following Weight Watchers since July. I followed it years ago and loved the plan, and after two children…decided it was time to finally jump back on the wagon. One thing that I’ve struggled with this time around is controlling my sweet tooth. It took me a bit to get back in the rhythm and really find substitutes that are decadent enough to fulfill my cravings but also on plan.
These easy 3 ingredient pumpkin muffins are only 3 Weight Watchers points! They’re decadent enough that I can eat them for dessert, but they’re also easy enough to make that I can throw a batch together quickly!
PS: If you’re interested in joining Weight Watchers, you can use this link and you’ll receive a free month!
Here are a few of my favorite tips for making these easy 3 ingredient pumpkin muffins:
- Make sure you are NOT using pumpkin pie filling. It can be a bit confusing if you don’t purchase pumpkin puree often, but this recipe calls for pumpkin puree vs. pumpkin pie filling.
- If you want to bump up the sweetness a bit, make a quick batch of cream cheese frosting and add to the top (this of course increases the WW points).
- You can make these ahead of time and freeze them. Just pull them out of the freezer the night before you want to eat them so that they have time to thaw.
How to make my 3 Ingredient, 3 WW Point Pumpkin Muffins:
First, gather your ingredients…pumpkin puree, water and a box of spice cake mix!
Mix all of your ingredients together. You don’t even have to use a mixer for this. A good ole fashioned wooden spoon and bowl will be just fine!
Fill your muffin tin with the batter and bake!
Be sure to grab my favorite muffin tins for this recipe, I personally LOVE USA Pans and cannot say enough things about their muffin tins!
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (make sure you are not using pumpkin pie filling!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix spice cake mix, water and pumpkin in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
3. Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan and fill each ¾ with mixture. (You can add a little sprinkle of brown sugar on top of each one if desired)
4. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.