When you are craving pumpkin, these muffins will be your new go-to recipe. They are decadent enough to be a dessert, but with only 3 ingredients…they’re easy enough you can make them for breakfast before a busy day! Here’s how you can make these weight watcher pumpkin muffins, I’m sure you’ll be back for seconds or thirds!
This post may contain affiliate links.
I haven’t talked about it much here on my blog, but I have been following Weight Watchers since July. I followed it years ago and loved the plan, and after two children…decided it was time to finally jump back on the wagon. One thing that I’ve struggled with this time around is controlling my sweet tooth. It took me a bit to get back in the rhythm and really find substitutes that are decadent enough to fulfill my cravings but also on the plan.
These easy 3 ingredient pumpkin muffins are only 3 Weight Watchers points! They’re decadent enough that I can eat them for dessert, but they’re also easy enough to make that I can throw a batch together quickly!
It’s so irresistible how fluffy and puffy their muffin tops are. Even if they’re made with simple ingredients and of course, with cake mix, they still end up tasting the best! Your whole house will be smelling like this decadent pumpkin muffin recipe in no time.
I highly guarantee that these will be a huge hit with whoever you choose to share them with. And guess what? They’re healthy too! Yes, you’ve read it right, these pumpkin cake mix muffins are not only delectable, but they can also help you control your calorie intake as well.
PS: If you’re interested in joining Weight Watchers, you can use this link and you’ll receive a free month!
Here are a few of my favorite tips for making these easy 3 ingredient pumpkin muffins:
- Make sure you are NOT using pumpkin pie filling. It can be a bit confusing if you don’t purchase pumpkin puree often, but this recipe calls for pumpkin puree vs. pumpkin pie filling.
- If you want to bump up the sweetness a bit, make a quick batch of cream cheese frosting and add to the top (this of course increases the WW points).
- You can make these ahead of time and freeze them. Just pull them out of the freezer the night before you want to eat them so that they have time to thaw.
With the fall season here with us, pumpkins are a huge craving around this time! Breakfast is not an exception with this too. They’re easy and delicious, and have all the flavors you’re craving as well.
Who wouldn’t love to enjoy this yummy cake mix pumpkin recipe that can produce light and fluffy muffins? I enjoy pairing this with a spread of peanut butter or pecan butter on top. Nut butter builds on enough protein thus making you more full when lunchtime comes.
These easy pumpkin muffins have the magical ability to convert “healthy muffin” doubters into fans. Let’s get into it!
How to make my 3 Ingredient, Pumpkin Muffins Weight Watchers:
First, gather your ingredients…pumpkin puree, water, and a box of spice cake mix!
Mix all of your ingredients together. You don’t even have to use a mixer for this. A good ole fashioned wooden spoon and bowl will be just fine!
Fill your muffin cups with the batter and bake!
Be sure to grab my favorite muffin tins for this recipe, I personally LOVE USA Pans and cannot say enough things about their muffin tins!
Let me know how these weight watchers pumpkin spice muffins come out for you! I’d love to see how yours turn out.
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (make sure you are not using pumpkin pie filling!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix spice cake mix, water and pumpkin in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
3. Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan and fill each ¾ with mixture. (You can add a little sprinkle of brown sugar on top of each one if desired)
4. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.