This Minestrone is so filling and tasty, it’s sure to be a hit for the whole family! The combination of flavors and textures really makes this dish perfect for a cold winter’s day (or night). You can also make this recipe in your slow cooker for a quick dinner!
This hearty minestrone soup is the perfect recipe for when you want a delicious and filling meal but you don’t want to spend hours prepping and cooking. Not only will you love this minestrone soup, but this is sure to be a kid-friendly dinner they’ll be asking for week after week! #MomWin!
How Do I Store Minestrone Soup?
These containers are AMAZING for soup storage. All you do is add your soup to them, leave the lid off until it is completely cooled then stick in the fridge to store for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months!
How Do I Re-Heat Minestrone Soup?
Well, it depends. If you are reheating after you’ve frozen the soup, I prefer to let the soup thaw in the fridge overnight then add to my slow cooker with another 1/3 cup of water. Heat on low for 2-3 hours or high for 1 hour.
If you are reheating the soup from the fridge, you can use the same slow cooker method above (just heat on low for 1 hour or high for 30 minutes) or pop in your microwave in a microwave safe container!
How do I Make this Minestrone Soup in the Slow Cooker?
If you’re like me, you LOVE your Slow Cooker. If you’d like to make this recipe in your slow cooker, simply do steps 1-2 (cook your ground beef & onions) then add those to a slow cooker with all other ingredients and cook on low for 6 hours.
- 1-tbsp. olive oil
- 1-lb. ground beef
- 1-yellow onion, chopped
- 2-cloves garlic, minced.
- 1-stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1-8 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1-8 oz can corn
- 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
- 2 -14.5 oz can stewed can tomatoes, with juices
- 1-cup elbow macaroni
- 3-cups water
- 4-beef bouillon cubes
- 1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, add oil and brown ground beef and drain.
- Add olive oil, onion, and garlic to ground beef, sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, cabbage, water, bouillon cubes, pasta, and tomato sauce to boiling.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 7 minutes, covered.
- Uncover and add beans and corn, stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat but keep covered. Allow sitting for 20 minutes before serving.
If you'd like to make this recipe in your slow cooker, do steps 1-2 (cook your ground beef & onions) then add those to a slow cooker with all other ingredients and cook on low for 6 hours.