This delicious no-bake strawberry cheesecake is the perfect recipe if you’re looking for a quick, yet easy dessert.
Some days, the last thing I want to think about is turning the oven on and heating up the kitchen, even if it is to make a yummy dessert for my family. Cheesecake is one of our favorites around here, so I decided that a no bake cheesecake needed to happen.
This no bake cheesecake is perfect dessert for celebrating everything from birthdays to holidays! Make it in individual serving jars if you want to control portion sizes, and it looks classy for your guests, too.
Need some other dessert ideas? Try these:
Cookies And Cream Cheesecake
Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake
Strawberry Shake Dip
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
First, you’ll want to get the fresh fruit you can. A little tip for fresh berries-if you allow them to soak in a solution of 1/4 cup white vinegar to 1-gallon cool water for 10 minutes, any mold spores will be killed off. Then, store your berries in an airtight container with a couple of layers of paper towels under them to soak up any moisture. Your berries will last 3 times longer!
Puree the berries with a handheld blender or food processor. Add in the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar and combine until light and fluffy. Can you just taste it? Take the graham cracker crumbs and divide them among the clean jars and spoon the mixture into jars. Allow them to chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours. *if you can, otherwise, they taste great right now, but they are far softer*
- 12 fresh strawberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cool whip or real whipped cream
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Whipped cream to garnish the top (optional)
- Clean and drain the strawberries.
- Using a blender or handheld mixer puree the real strawberries until you have about 1 cup of strawberry puree.
- In a large bowl add the softened cream cheese to the strawberry mixture and mix until combined.
- Slowly mix the powdered sugar into the cream cheese mixture and mix until light and fluffy.
- Fold the cool whip into the cheesecake mixture until fully combined.
- Evenly distribute the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of the jars to make a graham cracker crust.
- Next, layer your cream cheese cheesecake filling on top.
- Allow to set for about 3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Add whipped topping and strawberries to the top of the cheesecake, before serving.
* Note: I made this in small jars however it will also set up nicely on a pie plate. *
Why does the cream cheese need to be softened?
Room-temperature cream cheese is much easier to work with than cream cheese fresh out of the refrigerator. It is much easier to mix it in with the strawberry puree if you soften it first. You can also cut your room-temperature cream cheese into small pieces before mixing it into your strawberry puree. This will help it to blend in faster.
How to Store Leftover No Bake Cheesecake
This delicious dessert must be refrigerated, so any leftovers need to be stored there. If you have leftovers and you made your no bake strawberry cheesecake in jars, then cover the jars with plastic wrap and place them in the refrigerator. You can store leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can you freeze leftover cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze leftover cheesecake, and then you can pull a slice out of the freezer for a treat whenever you like. To freeze leftover cheesecake, slice it and put it on a piece of plastic wrap, and wrap your slice. Wrap the slice again with a piece of aluminum foil, and then put it in the freezer. Your cheesecake can be frozen for up to two months!
Can I use frozen strawberries for this recipe?
Yes, if you don’t have access to fresh strawberries, or you have a bag of frozen strawberries that need to be used you can use frozen strawberries for this recipe. The end result might not be quite as sweet of a strawberry flavor, but you can remedy that by adding a tablespoon of sugar to them before pureeing.
Homemade Whipping Cream
If you don’t want to use Cool Whip as a part of this easy recipe you can make homemade whipped cream. Making homemade whipped cream is easy as long as you have a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or an electric mixer. You can make it without one, but your arm is going to get quite the workout in the process.
To make homemade whipped cream you will need heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar (sometimes called confectioner’s sugar), and vanilla extract. You want your heavy whipping cream to be cold for the best results, so leave it in the refrigerator until you are ready to make it. Make sure that you use a quality vanilla extract for this recipe, when something only calls for three ingredients, you need to make them count! You don’t want to use imitation vanilla extract for this one.
You can also place your mixing bowl and beaters, or whisk attachment in the refrigerator to chill before making your homemade whipped cream. Whipped cream is easier to make, and will stay stable for longer the colder you can get it. Add all of your ingredients to your mixing bowl and start your mixer on a low speed to incorporate your ingredients.
Gradually turn the mixer up to high speed, and you should see stiff peaks beginning to form in 3-5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of your bowl with a small offset spatula if necessary. Once the peaks begin to form it’s time to stop mixing or you will end up with butter and not whipped cream.
Variations on this recipe
If you are wondering if there are any variations to this easy recipe there most certainly are! Instead of using crushed graham cracker crumbs for your crust, you could use crushed golden Oreo crumbs.
You could also use crushed pretzel pieces for your crust for a sweet and salty treat! Note that you will have to mix the pretzel crumbs with graham cracker crumbs or they won’t stick together. Chocolate graham cracker crumbs would also be a nice variation on this recipe, after all, who doesn’t like the combination of chocolate and strawberries, especially with whipped cream too!
This strawberry no bake cheesecake is the perfect summer dessert or for all special occasions. It wouldn’t be out of place at a picnic, BBQ, or even a birthday party! This recipe is the best cheesecake with strawberry sauce with such great flavor and is an easy cheesecake recipe to celebrate National Strawberry Month!
What is your favorite dessert? Will you make this no bake cheesecake soon?
Strawberry No Bake Cheesecake
- 12 strawberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream cool whip or real
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs crushed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Clean and drain strawberries.
- Using a blender or hand held mixer puree strawberries until you have about 1 cup of strawberry puree.
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese to the strawberry puree and mix.
- Slowly mix the powdered sugar to cream cheese mixture and mix until light and fluffy.
- Fold cool whip into the mixture until fully combined.
- Evenly distribute graham crackers into the bottom of the jars and layer your cream cheese mixture on top.
- Allow to set for about 3 hours or overnight Top with cool whip and strawberries if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 278mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 6g