Last Updated on March 29, 2022 by Allison lancaster
An easy and cool snack for those hot summer days, this strawberry yogurt bark is sure to be a family favorite!
When the heat is on, finding ways to keep cool isn’t always easy. We love to opt for cool snacks, but in our house they still have to be healthy.
What you will love about this bark is that it tastes just like the regular bark you would find around the holidays, or on cookie trays, but without the excess sugar. As a matter of fact, it’s honey sweetened, which makes me feel good about giving it to my family. (we are still careful with Rebecca and honey right now, but she will soon get to try this!)
What is yogurt bark?
It’s a frozen, solid concoction that has a very similar texture to the candy. Instead of the white or milk chocolate melts, it’s made with wholesome yogurt. Adding a bit of fruit, some granola, and a sprinkling of chocolate chips takes it to next level!
How can I reduce the sugar even more?
If you want to change the sugar content up a bit, you can eliminate the chocolate chips, or use sugar free. Are you watching your carbs, or want to reduce more sugar? Switch out the honey for stevia or erythritol as a sweetener.
If you want to try different flavors, you can also substitute the plain yogurt. Try:
- Vanilla yogurt, adding 1 full teaspoon vanilla extract and eliminating the lemon juice
- Blueberry yogurt, eliminating the vanilla extract
- Strawberry yogurt, keeping the other ingredients the same
- 2 cups of Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 cup of Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- (5) Strawberries (sliced)
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Granola ClustersInstructions:1. Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper and set side .2. In a mixing bowl combine yogurt, honey, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt.3. Mix until smooth, and well combined.4. Pour your yogurt mixture on to baking sheet and spread evenly.5. Sprinkle with granola clusters, and dark chocolate chips.6. Top with strawberry slices.7. Freeze for 2 to 3 hours, or until firm.8. Cut into pieces and serve.Enjoy!