Decorate your Easter eggs in a fun and easy way this year! Make marbled Easter eggs with your kids!
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s almost that time of year, to decorate for all things Easter. We love making pretty colored eggs for egg hunts, baskets and just enjoying as decorations.
These easy marbled eggs only take a few minutes for an entire batch. It’s simple enough to do, that your toddler can easily help you with it. I would recommend that they wear an old Tshirt as a smock, or apron to help avoid stains.
Ingredients you will need for your marbled Easter eggs
- Boiled eggs
- Warm water
- Distilled white vinegar
- Food coloring
- Vegetable oil
- 1 container for each color
How to make easy Easter eggs
- Prepare the first round of dipping colors by stirring 1 teaspoon vinegar and 5 to 10 drops of food coloring into each cup of water. For best results, these colors should be lighter shades.
- Place one egg in each color and allow to rest completely covered by the dye for 1 to 3 minutes. Carefully remove eggs and transfer to paper toweling to dry.
- Prepare the second round of dipping colors by stirring 1 teaspoon vinegar, 10 to 20 drops of food coloring, and 1 tablespoon oil into each cup of water. For best results, these colors should be darker shades.
- Place one egg in each color and stir to coat. Allow to rest for 1 to 3 minutes for more intense colors.
- Carefully remove eggs and transfer to paper toweling to dry.
- To repeat in a different color, rub as much oil from the eggs as possible before returning to the oil bath. Also keep in mind that colors may blend on the eggs. Dipping repeatedly can render brown eggs.