Last Updated on January 22, 2024 by Allison Lancaster
Looking for a sweet, decadent treat for the Star Wars lovers in your life? If so, be sure to check out this recipe for Star Wars Galaxy Cookies because they’re easy to make and taste amazing!
Is your household full of Star Wars enthusiasts who love the movies and collect memorabilia? If so, you’re probably looking for some May the 4th food ideas to make the day special and exciting for loved ones. If so, this recipe for galaxy cookies is perfect. You can make these delicious cookies with ease using a handful of ingredients, ultimately providing the Star Wars lovers in your life with the perfect sweet treat.
May the 4th Desserts
The Star Wars Cookies are one of the best May the 4th desserts to prepare because they look good and taste even better. You can prepare them using ingredients you might already have at home, especially if you’re a baking enthusiast with a passion for trying new and exciting recipes that are sure to satisfy your loved ones.
Before preparing these cookies, you’ll need to have the following ingredients ready to use:
- Unsalted Butter – Allow your two sticks of butter to soften before using them.
- Brown Sugar – The sweet touch of the brown sugar enhances the flavor of these cookies.
- Flour – Create your cookie dough using flour as a primary ingredient.
- Cocoa Powder – Bring a chocolate touch to the cookies with some cocoa powder.
- Baking Powder – Make sure your cookies fluff up with the perfect texture using a bit of baking powder.
- Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips – Give these cookies a super chocolatey taste by adding semi-sweet mini chocolate chips to the batter.
You’re also going to need granulated sugar, two eggs, vanilla, salt, disco chocolate chips, and some silver sanding sugar.
Do I use dark or light brown sugar?
You can use either option when preparing these cookies. If you use dark brown sugar in the recipe, the cookies will have a slightly stronger hint of molasses, but some people prefer it that way!
Can I use a different type of chocolate chips?
Yes. While the semi-sweet chocolate chips go great with these cookies, you have the option of using other chocolate chips that you like, such as milk, dark, or even white chocolate chips.
How long will these cookies need to bake in the oven?
You’re only going to need to bake the cookies in the oven for 10 minutes. Be sure to remove them and allow them to cool down completely on the baking sheet, which will continue cooking them a bit further because of the residual heat.
How to Store the Star Wars Galaxy Cookies
Place your prepared cookies in an airtight container after they’ve cooled down completely from the oven. You can keep the cookies stored and sealed in an airtight container to preserve freshness, meaning it’s fine to prepare these baked goodies in advance. You don’t have to place these cookies in the fridge to keep them fresh, but make sure to keep them in a cool, dry area in the kitchen.
More Star Wars Fun
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup disco chocolate chips
- About ½ cup silver sanding sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add to the mixer and beat until well mixed.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and about ¼ cup silver sanding sugar.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion the cookie dough into balls. With half of the cookie dough balls, dip in remaining silver sanding sugar and press three to four plain chocolate chips (from the disco chocolate chips) into the top of the cookies. With the other half of the cookie dough balls, press three to four glittered chocolate chips into the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes before removing from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet as they will continue to cook from the residual heat.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.