Last Updated on September 7, 2023 by Allison Lancaster
If you love Little Debbie’s Christmas Tree Cakes, this Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip will be a dessert you’ll want to add to your menu this holiday season. Filled with your favorite Christmas flavors, this festive dip is going to be the talk of your holiday party!
Need a new way to enjoy your favorite holiday snack cakes? This Little Debbie Christmas Tree dip recipe would be the perfect addition to any Christmas dessert platters at your next holiday party.
These little snack cakes are one of my favorite easy recipes to make around the holiday when you need a quick festive treat because you only need a few simple ingredients.
Table of Contents
What are Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes?
They are one of the cutest holiday treats you’ll ever see! If you have never had one, they are vanilla Christmas tree-shaped cakes filled with a fluffy vanilla filling and wrapped in decadent icing. Not only that, they are decorated just like Christmas trees, which makes them even more fun!
Why You’ll Love Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip
Christmas tree cakes are one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season. There is just something about opening a box of them that says, “It’s the holiday season!”.
Not only are they a delicious treat, but Little Debbie snack cakes are also an adorable addition to a holiday dessert platter. Christmas tree cakes are fun and festive and add a bit of cheer to your dessert table!
What do I need to make this holiday dip?
- Vanilla Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes: These are a must-have for this recipe. Don’t use a different brand or type as it will change the flavor of your dip completely!
- cream cheese, room temperature: It is important you let the cream cheese soften prior to making this dip.
- milk: I personally prefer 2% for the recipe but you can use whole milk if you want a creamier dip.
- red and green colored sanding sugar: you can use any color of sanding sugar or sprinkles to change the theme of this dessert!
Don’t forget to pick up what you’d like to serve with this easy dip. Some of my favorite dippers are vanilla wafers, graham crackers, gingerbread cookies, and animal crackers.
How do I make this Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip?
This Little Debbie Christmas Tree dip is so easy to make! The best part is you can make it ahead of your Christmas party. You won’t even have to heat up your oven to make this dip. You simply put your ingredients together, add to a large bowl, mix, and enjoy!
Voila! It is the perfect holiday dessert that is easy and fun to make.
I like to top my dip with additional red and green sprinkles and a candy melt drizzle.
How do I make candy melt drizzle for the top of the dip?
If you want to add a festive touch to your Little Debbie Christmas Tree dip, you can melt red (or green!) candy melts together and drizzle on wax paper.
Let the drizzle dry fully, then transfer to the top of your dip! You can experiment with a variety of shapes and designs if you’d like.
This is a fun step for the kids to help with!
Where can I buy Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes?
I purchase mine from our local grocery store. Most big box stores carry them as well. I have also purchased them on Amazon!
How do I store leftover Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip?
Since this dip has cream cheese in it, you will want to store the dip in your fridge. You can store it in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Be sure to cover the dip with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container.
Can I use other types of Little Debbie cakes?
Yes! If you want to make this dip during a time of year when Christmas tree cakes are not in stores, you can use pretty much any type of Little Debbie cake.
There are plenty of holiday cakes to use when you want to make an easy and fun dip.
I love to use Little Debbie birthday cake snack cakes to make the best birthday cake dip that is the perfect easy dessert at any party.
Add some powdered sugar or different colored sprinkles on top, and you have the perfect dip for any themed party!
Do Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes come in chocolate?
They sure do, and they are delicious! The vanilla ones are honestly my favorite, but the chocolate ones are pretty great, too.
If you wanted to use the Chocolate Christmas tree cakes for this dip, you absolutely could!
What should I serve with Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip?
I like to set out a variety of cookies to serve with this dip. You can also serve it with other things like pretzels, fresh fruit, etc.
I love adding the dip to a gorgeous Christmas serving bowl. A few of my favorites are below!
Christmas Tree Shaped Holiday Foods
I absolutely love Christmas tree-shaped and themed holiday foods! A couple of my favorites are:
If you love Little Debbie's Christmas Tree Cakes, this Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip will be a dessert that you want to add to your menu this holiday season. Filled with your favorite Christmas flavors this festive Christmas Tree Cake dip is going to be the talk of your holiday party!
- 1 (5 count) box vanilla Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup red candy melts, melted (optional)
- Red and green colored sanding sugar
- In a large bowl, beat together the cakes, cream cheese, milk, and vanilla extract until well mixed.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping until blended. Then, stir in the remaining whipped topping.
- (Optional) Place a piece of waxed paper on a flat surface. Place the red candy melts into a piping bag with the corner snipped. Drizzle a zig zag or wavy line onto the waxed paper and allow it to dry completely. Carefully remove the waxed paper and place the candy lines onto the dip.
- Top the dip with colored sugar.
- Serve with assorted cookies, fruit dippers, or pretzels.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.