Last Updated on January 20, 2024 by Allison Lancaster
If you love to bake around the holidays, this Christmas Crack Bark is going to be a delightful addition to your dessert spread. This bark is made with saltine crackers, butter, brown sugar, chocolate chips and topped with colorful Christmas sprinkles.
Watch How to Make This Recipe!
Christmas Crack is popular because it’s full of sugar and decorated perfectly for the holidays. With each bite that’s taken, you get a sweet sensation that reminds you of the holidays. You can make bark for other times, but Christmas time is perfect for these types of recipes!
If you love to bake around the holidays, this Christmas Crack Bark is going to be a delightful addition to your dessert spread and look great on any holiday cookie plate. You only need a handful of ingredients to make this Christmas candy.
What do you need to make Christmas Crack Bark?
If you’re going to make this type of bark, then you’ll want to make sure you have the right ingredients. This dessert only requires five ingredients. In no time, you’ll be on your way to making delicious Christmas Crack candy!
This easy cracker candy recipe is the perfect combination of a sweet and salty treat.
Christmas Crack Variations
- Peanut Butter: Skip the holiday sprinkles and drizzle on some peanut butter for a more sweet and savory flavor.
- Coconut Flakes: Add some coconut flakes for a more refreshing treat. These are great to serve any time of year.
- Candy Canes: To stick with the holiday theme, try adding crushed candy canes. Who doesn’t love a Christmas Candy Cane treat?
- Sea Salt: Have you ever tried chocolate with sea salt flakes? It’s delicious and would go great with this recipe.
- Graham Crackers: Change up the saltines and try using graham crackers!
- Different Chocolates: Try using white chips or dark chocolate chips for a little bit of a different flavor.
Christmas Bark Saltine Crackers Ingredients
- Saltine Crackers: This is such a basic ingredient, but it’s the main product in this Christmas Crack recipe!
- Butter: When the holidays hit, you need a TON of butter. It’s what will help make this recipe complete.
- Brown Sugar: The brown sugar is going to be what makes the Christmas Crack super sweet.
- Chocolate Chips: To help complete this bark recipe, the chocolate chips are necessary!
- Christmas Sprinkles: The festivities are here to stay! Holiday sprinkles can decorate this crack for the holidays, and it will look super festive. Use whatever sprinkles you’d like!
How to Make Christmas Crack
- Preheat the oven to the proper temperature.
- Prepare your baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Go ahead and lay the crackers out on the baking sheet.
- Add your butter, brown sugar, and chocolate chips into a medium saucepan to create the sweet sauce.
- Then pour an even layer over the crackers, try your best to cover all of them.
- You are going to bake the Christmas Crack Bark for around 15 minutes.
- When it comes out of the oven, you are going to add the chocolate and sprinkles.
- You will then allow the bark to cool to room temperature.
How do I keep my Christmas Bark from getting chewy?
No one wants to bite into a chewy Christmas crack. For this recipe, make sure you use real butter. Also, make sure you fully boil the butter and brown sugar mixture.
What can I use instead of saltine crackers?
What happens if you run out of saltine crackers? You can use rice cakes or even tortillas. If you want to make it even healthier, you can use whole-grain cereal.
How can I make a variation of Christmas Bark Crack?
In order to make a variation of this recipe, feel free to switch up the sprinkles. You can easily turn this Christmas version into Valentine’s Day, Halloween, or even the 4th of July.
How to Store and Freeze Christmas Crack Bars
If you’d like to store and freeze this Christmas Crack Bark, it’s simple. You will want to make sure the crack is freezable, you can place it in an airtight container! You can store the crack in the fridge or the countertop, if it’s cool enough.
Making Christmas Crack around the holidays is a tradition for many. It’s a budget friendly dessert that is super easy to make! This is also a kid-friendly recipe, which means the kids can help you make it!
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay crackers out in a single layer. You may have to break some apart to fit right.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over crackers, and spread evenly. You will need to work very quickly, as the mixture will begin to cool.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and spread chocolate evenly.
- Top with Christmas sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once cool, gently break apart into pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart 1-Quart Saucepan, Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard Anodized Saucepan w/Cover, 619-14
Wilton Holiday Mix 6 cell Sprinkles
Manvscakes | Sprinkles | Christmas sprinkles | Cake sprinkles | Cookie sprinkles | 4 ounce (Red, green, white)
USA Pan Bakeware Half Sheet Pan, Warp Resistant Nonstick Baking Pan, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel 17 1/4 x12 1/4 x1
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g