Last Updated on December 4, 2023 by Copywriter
If you’re thinking about ringing in the New Year at Disney with your family this year, you’re in for a real treat! Disney offers a variety of theme park parties this time of year that’ll keep the kids entertained and provide your family with a memorable way to welcome in the new year!
To help you prepare this holiday season for your magical Disney New Year’s eve celebration, I’ve listed some party options that are usually offered by Disney World, as well as other helpful tips and hacks to ensure that you have the best time ever!
1. Magic Kingdom
The most famous place at Disney on New Year’s Eve would easily have to go to Magic Kingdom. Throughout the day, your family can enjoy riding on several classic rides that you enjoyed going on as a kid, including Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain, and It’s a Small World. But don’t pass up on some of the exciting newer ones like Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride, and Slinky Dog Dash.
Your family can catch one of the DJ dance parties that will be playing at Frontierland or Tomorrowland earlier in the evening and then head on over to the castle for the nighttime fireworks display, “Fantasy in the sky.”
Magic Kingdom Park is one of the only theme parks to hold two evenings of partying! One night on December 30th and the second night on December 31st. This means that you can strategically avoid too many crowds if you’d prefer to celebrate with your family the night before and have a slightly more relaxed evening on the 31st.
Epcot is arguably one of the best theme parks where your family can celebrate New Years’ Eve at Disney World. Because it’s one of the largest parks, it’s able to handle crowds much easier. While visiting, you’ll enjoy trying all the different flavors and dishes during the World Showcase, and as midnight approaches in each of these featured countries, fireworks will light up the sky. Epcot’s Harmonious event (Disney’s biggest firework event yet) will take place at 6:30 in the World Showcase Lagoon while the park will remain open until 12 a.m.
3. Hollywood Studios
Now that the Star Wars portion of the park is finally open, you can bet that Hollywood Studios is gonna rockin’ this year! So how about celebrating this new year with your family on the planet of Batuu?
The park will also have plenty of yummy food and delicious cocktails, along with party hats for young and old. You certainly won’t want to miss their fireworks spectacular. Hollywood Studios will open their doors at 9 a.m and keep them open until 12 a.m New Year’s morning.
4. Disney Springs
You don’t necessarily have to be at one of Disney’s theme parks in order to have a wonderful time this New Year’s Eve. Disney Springs is open until 11:30 p.m, and there you’ll find entertainment and dining options available, as well as food carts that provide delicious snacks, beer, wine, and cocktails.
While there are no fireworks that will be displayed at Disney Springs, you may be able to catch a glimpse of the action from Disney’s BoardWalk. Spending New Years Eve at Disney World is a good idea and Disney Springs can be a budget-friendly approach. Disney New Years Eve is going to be a blast!
5. Celebrate Back At Your Disney Resort
Maybe you’ve spent a wonderful day at Disney but your kids are simply exhausted? Consider taking the celebration back to your room with one of Disney’s fabulous and customizable gift baskets. They have plenty of options to choose from, including party hats, noisemakers, room decor, snacks, and champagne.
These are just 5 ways that your family can celebrate New Years’ Eve at Disney World this year. While you may not be able to escape the crowds, you’re still in for a wonderful time and a fireworks display like you’ve never seen before. How do you plan on spending New Years Eve at Disney world?
Tips For New Year’s Eve at Disney World
New Year’s Eve at Disney World is an unforgettable experience! Here are some tips to make the most of it:
- Plan Ahead: Disney World gets crowded on New Year’s Eve. Plan your day in advance, including which park you’ll visit and any dining reservations or special events you want to attend.
- Arrive Early: Parks may reach capacity early in the day. Arrive as early as possible to ensure entry. Consider staying at a Disney resort for easier access.
- FastPass+ or Genie+: Utilize Disney’s FastPass+ or Genie+ services to skip lines for popular attractions. Book your reservations in advance to maximize your time.
- Stay Hydrated: Carry water and snacks to stay hydrated and energized throughout the day. The lines might be long, and you’ll want to stay comfortable.
- Celebrate with Special Events: Disney often hosts special New Year’s Eve events, such as countdown fireworks, parades, and live entertainment. Check the schedule and plan your evening around these festivities.
- Dress Comfortably and for the Weather: Florida weather can vary, so dress accordingly. Wear comfortable shoes as you’ll likely be on your feet for most of the day.
- Be Patient and Flexible: With large crowds, there might be delays or changes in plans. Stay patient and flexible to make the most of the experience.
- Book Dining Reservations Early: If you plan to have a special dinner at one of the park’s restaurants, make reservations well in advance. Spots fill up quickly for New Year’s Eve.
- Watch the Fireworks: Disney is known for its spectacular New Year’s Eve fireworks. Find a good spot early to enjoy the show.
- Consider Alternate Viewing Locations: Sometimes, the main parks can get overwhelmingly crowded. Consider watching fireworks from resorts or other areas nearby that offer a good view but with fewer people.
Remember, New Year’s Eve at Disney World is magical, but it can also be very crowded. Plan wisely, stay patient, and embrace the festive atmosphere!
If you need to find suitable accommodation for your family, don’t miss my Disney Resorts with Family Suites post that’ll give you a great idea of various hotels and accommodations, perfect for holiday adventures at Disney World!
More Disney Posts You’ll Enjoy
- The BEST Disney World Dining Reservation Finder
- 25 of the Best Disney Christmas Movies to Watch this Season
- Food Delivery to Disney World Hotels
- Top 8 Items To Pack For Your Disney Trip
- Top 5 Disney Character Dining Restaurants