Caramel Apple Cookies – A soft, melt-in-your-mouth sugar cookie with luscious marshmallow fluff and cream cheese icing adorned with fresh, crisp apples, walnuts and finished off with a golden caramel drizzle. Did someone say caramel apple pie in cookie form? Yes, Please!
These caramel apple cookies are the perfect Fall treat! They have all the flavors of caramel apple pie, but in an easy-to-make cookie! And they are SO good! (Seriously… Ah-mazing!) The marshmallow fluff and cream cheese icing is like a cloud of deliciousness on top of the sugar cookie. And then you add in the fresh apples, walnuts for crunch, and caramel… I mean, come on! These cookies are irresistible!
So, if you are looking for an amazing caramel apple sugar cookie recipe, then you have come to the right place! These caramel apple pie sugar cookies will not disappoint! Let’s get baking!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Apple Pie Cookie Recipe
- It’s a well-rounded cookie. You’ve got all the textures, crunchy, gooey, crispy, and chewy. Then the flavors are tart, tang, sweet, salty, and you get all of this in just one bite!
- The cream cheese icing is so good you’ll want to put it on everything.
- Topped with fresh, crisp apples. This recipe uses the apples in raw form, changing the whole game!
- The caramel apple pie flavor is unmistakable. You get all the flavors of Fall in one delicious cookie!
- It’s easy to make. This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients that you likely have on hand!
- It’s semi-homemade and only requires 6 ingredients. Store-bought cookie dough and a bottle of caramel ice cream topping make these cookies easy and delicious!
Equipment You’ll Need To Make Your Apple Pie Cookies
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Sheet
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Knife & Cutting Board
How To Make Caramel Apple Sugar Cookies
- Start by rolling your sugar cookie dough into 1 – 2 inch balls and placing them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 11-13 minutes. Until the edges are golden, remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In the meantime, in a large mixing bowl, mix your cream cheese and marshmallow fluff until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese icing mixture onto the cooled sugar cookies.
- Top the cookies with fresh apples and, drizzle with caramel, sprinkle with walnuts. Enjoy!
How To Store Caramel Apple Cookies
It’s important to note that due to the fresh apples, you’ll either want to serve these cookies immediately or “make them as you go.” By this, I mean you can frost your sugar cookies and store them in an airtight container in the fridge, so they are semi-ready.
You’ll want to stack the cookies in even rows with a layer of parchment paper between each row. Then, when you’re ready to serve them, add the fresh apples, caramel, and walnuts. The frosted sugar cookies will last for about a week in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze these caramel apple cookies?
The only thing I would freeze is the raw sugar cookie dough. Baked sugar cookies tend to get soggy when thawed. I would not recommend freezing these particular cookies.
Apple Pie Sugar Cookies FAQs
Can I cook my apples instead of using them raw?
Absolutely! If you want to make an apple compote or chutney to top these sugar cookies, go for it!
What type of apple should I use?
Any type of apple will work in this recipe. However, I would recommend using a firmer apple, so it doesn’t turn to mush when you bite into it. A Granny Smith apple is always a great option. It’s tart and compliments the cookie! I also like Cosmic Crips, Honeycrisp, and Envy apples.
What kind of caramel should I use?
I always prefer to use a caramel sauce for this recipe. I think it’s easier to work with and gives you more control over how much caramel you want on your cookie. But, if you want to use and melt caramel candies, feel free! Just be sure to chop them up into small pieces, so they are easy to melt.
Can I use pie crust or phyllo dough instead of sugar cookies?
Yes! You’ll just want to use a round cookie cutter, and be sure to follow the baking instructions for those particular types of dough. Then just ice and add your toppings.
Other Apple Dessert Recipes You’re Sure To Love
- Apple Spice Fry Bread
- Apple Pie Biscuit Bake
- Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 5 Minute Bacon & Apple Grilled Cheese
- Homemade Caramel Apple Tortilla Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Homemade Apple Pie with Almonds
These easy caramel apple sugar cookies are everything you love about Fall in one delicious cookie! Soft sugary cookies, tart apples, gooey caramel, and a sprinkle of walnuts come together to make the perfect Autumn treat! Enjoy!
Caramel Apple Pie Sugar Cookes (Fresh Apples)
- 1 Package Sugar Cookie Dough, Refrigerated
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 Cups Diced Apples
- 2 Cups Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 1 Cup Crushed Walnuts
Start by rolling your sugar cookie dough into 1 – 2 inch balls and placing them on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 11-13 minutes. Until edges are golden.
Let cool completely.
In a large mixing bowl mix your cream cheese and marshmallow fluff until smooth.
Spread mixture onto cooled cookies.
Top cookie with apples and drizzle with caramel, top with walnuts. Enjoy!