If you’re interested in creating a fresh apple tortilla dessert, then this caramel apple tortilla recipe is a great option to try out! Keep on reading to see how to make it at home!
Caramel apples are a delicious treat, but have you ever tried them as a tortilla wrap or panini? If you answered no, then today is your day to try! This recipe is basically a caramel apple dip recipe, created as a tortilla filling recipe!
This caramel apple tortilla recipe is a great fresh apple tortilla dessert which is a super quick and easy homemade apple and caramel dessert recipe.
Tortilla wrap recipes like this one have been very popular online lately, but this is arguably one of the best out there for a tasty dessert.
You can use flour tortillas, or any other kind of your choice if you have any dietary restrictions in your household.
There are many apple and caramel dessert recipes out there to try, but this one couldn’t be any more fun and tasty to create. This is definitely a recipe for kids and adults to enjoy!
How are caramel apples made?
It’s super simple with this recipe because to save time we’re not going to make the caramel from scratch, we’re actually using a store bought caramel sauce! As you’ll see in the caramel apple tortilla recipe below, we’re going to fold the tortilla with the sliced apples and caramel separately so they’ll only be coming together as you take a bite out of the finished product!
Can you freeze tortillas?
Yes, you can freeze tortillas! If you have some of your flour tortillas left over after creating this caramel apple tortilla wrap, then you can save the rest of them in the freezer until you want to make more!
What is the difference between candied apples and caramel apples?
Fun fact: some people interchange the words caramel apples and candied apples, but there is actually a difference! A caramel apple is an apple dipped in soft caramel sauce, whereas a candied apple is dipped into a red candy that hardens!
Caramel Apple Tortilla Wrap Equipment You’ll Need
This delicious homemade caramel apple tortilla recipe is a super quick and easy treat to make at home for friends and family!
- 1 granny smith apple, Sliced 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 large tortillas
- Store bought caramel sauce
1. Place the brown sugar, sugar, butter and vanilla in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Cook until bubbling
2. Toss apple slices in the mixture
3. Cut a large tortilla in half only on one side of the tortilla.
4. Imagine that the tortilla is in four quadrants.
5. Place your apple slices in 2 of the quadrants and caramel sauce in the other two leaving enough room to fold over.
6. Fold over the first quadrants *see photo*
7. Fold that set over to the right.
8. Fold down completing the wrap.
9. Place into a preheated panini machine for a flatter wrap.
10. Place onto a griddle or frying pan with melted butter for a thicker, but toasted wrap.
11. If using a griddle or frying pan toast on both sides.
12. Serve the leftover caramelized apples over the top of the toasted wrap.
13. Cut in half and serve
If using a panini, use less of the caramel sauce, as it will run out and caramelize on your panini machine.
If using a frying pan or griddle be sure to melt butter first to toast both sides of the wrap.
So there you have it, the delicious and easy homemade caramel apple tortilla recipe! I hope that you, your family and friends enjoy this treat! Don’t forget that if you have some of your flour tortillas (or alternative) leftover, you can freeze them for the next time that you want to try this recipe out!
If you want to make this a fully homemade experience, you can also create your own tortillas and caramel sauce if you want to go above and beyond!
If you’re interested in more caramel baking recipes, then you might also enjoy this no bake caramel cheesecake recipe!