Are you thinking about making a fresh apple tortilla dessert? This caramel apple tortilla recipe is an amazing option to try at home. Keep on reading to see how to make it!
Caramel apples are a delicious treat, but have you ever tried them as a tortilla wrap or panini? If you answered no, then today is your day to try! This recipe is basically a caramel apple crisp dip recipe, created as a tortilla filling recipe!
This super quick and easy fresh apple tortilla dessert is perfect for a hot summer day!
Tortilla wrap recipes are very popular online, but this recipe is arguably one of the best tasty desserts out there.
You can use flour tortillas, or any other kind of your choice if you have any dietary restrictions in your household.
This apple and golden brown caramel dessert recipe is so fun and tasty to make. This is definitely a recipe for kids and adults to enjoy!
How are caramel apples made?
This recipe is super simple to make because it saves a lot of time. We are going to use a store bought caramel sauce instead of making it from scratch! The recipe below will show you how to fold the tortilla with the sliced apples and caramel separately. That way, when you take a bite of the finished product, they’ll come together.
Can you freeze tortillas?
Yes, you can freeze tortillas! You can save the rest of the leftover flour tortillas after creating this recipe until you want to make this again!
What is the difference between candied apples and caramel apples?
Fun fact: some people interchange the words caramel apples and candied apples, but there is actually a difference! Caramel apples are dipped in a soft caramel sauce, whereas candied apples are dipped into red candy that hardens!
Can I add ice cream to this caramel apple tortilla wrap recipe?
Yes, you definitely can! In a large bowl, add in your apple tortilla with brown sugar cinnamon and put in your ice cream of choice.
Is it okay to make it with apple pie filling?
Putting in some apple filling in your caramel apple tortilla wrap is another way to elevate this recipe too! I recommend adding in some cream cheese or cinnamon sugar for some extra flavor.
Can I make this caramel apple dessert with condensed milk or with evaporated milk?
You can use any of these two! Jump to the recipe to find out what ingredients to add or use as an alternative.
Caramel Apple Tortilla Wrap Equipment You’ll Need
This delicious homemade caramel apple tortilla recipe is a super quick and easy treat to make at home for friends and family!
- 1 granny smith apple, Sliced 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 large tortillas
- Store bought caramel sauce
1. Place the brown sugar, sugar, butter and vanilla in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Cook until bubbling
2. Toss apple slices in the mixture
3. Cut a large tortilla in half only on one side of the tortilla.
4. Imagine that the tortilla is in four quadrants.
5. Place your apple slices in 2 of the quadrants and caramel sauce in the other two leaving enough room to fold over.
6. Fold over the first quadrants *see photo*
7. Fold that set over to the right.
8. Fold down completing the wrap.
9. Place into a preheated panini machine for a flatter wrap.
10. Place onto a griddle or frying pan with melted butter for a thicker, but toasted wrap.
11. If using a griddle or frying pan toast on both sides.
12. Serve the leftover caramelized apples over the top of the toasted wrap.
13. Cut in half and serve
If using a panini, use less of the caramel sauce, as it will run out and caramelize on your panini machine.
If using a frying pan or griddle be sure to melt butter first to toast both sides of the wrap.
So there you have it, the delicious and easy homemade caramel apple tortilla recipe! I hope that you, your family and friends enjoy this treat or fall dessert! Remember to freeze your leftover flour tortillas (or alternative) for the next time you want to try this recipe out.
If you want a fully homemade experience, you can produce your own tortillas and caramel sauce ala granny smith.
If you’re interested in more caramel baking recipes, then you might also enjoy this no bake caramel cheesecake recipe!