Sweet tea that rivals the restaurants at home? You bet! Just a few simple ingredients will make this McDonald’s copycat sweet tea recipe! Something cold on a hot day is a must, this delicious drink will surely hit the spot.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Warmer weather is here and if you live in the South…that means sweet tea weather! One of my favorite guilty pleasures is a large sweet tea from McDonald’s, but let’s face it: it isn’t always easy to head out of the house with two little ones and go grab a sweet tea.
That’s why I love this McDonald’s Copycat Sweet Tea recipe!
I have so many memories of sweet tea growing up, my mom made it often for our family. Now that I’m older, I often have a glass of sweet tea as I’m sitting on the porch watching the kids play.
The fact that this recipe is so easy to make and makes a good amount of sweet tea, is a win-win! You can make it now and refrigerate it for guests coming over.
So, what are you waiting for? Come and make this copycat McDonald’s sweet tea now with really simple ingredients that you can whip up anytime at home! I swear it’ll taste like something from the menu item.
Read on how to make this homemade iced tea inspired by McDonald’s!
How do I keep my McDonald’s sweet tea from getting watered down?
Add some to an ice cube tray and add the frozen cubes to your glass of sweet tea. Voila! You don’t have to worry about traditional ice cubes watering down your glass of tea!
Is McDonald’s sweet tea healthy?
Fast food, in general, is not considered nutritious, but this copycat recipe I’ve made stays away from the copious bags of sugar and additives that’s normally blended in it. The best thing about this method is how you can interchange it with healthy ingredients of your choice.
Ingredients you will need to make McDonald’s Copycat Sweet Tea at Home
- Filtered water
- Tea bags
- Baking soda
Recipe for McDonalds Sweet Tea (Copycat) At Home:
- Boil water, remove from heat and add tea bags to the hot water.
- Allow the tea to steep, then stir in ample cups of sugar of your liking to dissolve.
- After you add the sugar, put in some baking soda, remaining cold water to a quart of the water pitcher.
- Stir in steeped tea after removing tea bags.
- Cover and refrigerate.
I hope you’ll enjoy making this easy McDonald’s sweet tea recipe for your little ones or visitors at home! I had so much fun producing this in just a little over 30 minutes. It consumes less time but the end result is magnificent!
Make the warm weather more enjoyable with this flavorful drink!
- 16 cups filtered water, divided
- 3 family-sized tea bags
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- Pinch baking soda
- Place 4 cups of water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add the tea bags. Cover and allow the tea to steep for 5 to 6 minutes. (Steep longer for stronger tea.)
- Meanwhile, add an additional 12 cups of water and a pinch of baking soda to a gallon-sized pitcher.
- Remove tea bags from saucepot, gently squeezing to remove the excess tea. Discard the tea bags.
- To the saucepan, add the sugar and stir until completely blended.
- Pour the tea into the gallon-sized pitcher with the water. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pitcher and refrigerate. Best if refrigerated overnight.