Sweet meets the tropical flavors of coconut and pineapple with the crunchy bits of macadamia nuts in these delicious dessert bars.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Having a small get together this summer? Bring this easy dessert that is sure to be a hit with everyone. Easy tropical magic bars are ready to go, start to finish in less than 60 minutes!
What are magic bars?
They are a dessert bar, that has a cookie type crust, commonly graham crackers, and filling that is usually made with condensed milk. The result is often a thick, chewy, cookie bar that can hold up to dunking in milk, or packing for an on the go lunch.
Ingredients you need:
- Golden Oreos
- White chocolate chips
- Dried pineapple
- Sweetened coconut
- Macadamia nuts
- Sweetened condensed milk
Equipment you need:
Making your tropical magic bars:
- Preheat oven and prepare 8×8 baking pan.
- Add Oreos and butter, and blend in food processor until fine crumbs are formed. Press into bottom of pan and bake.
- Cool crust, and chop pineapple and blend with nuts.
- Layer with remaining ingredients on cooled crust.
- Turn up oven, and bake again. Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing.
How to store these magic bars
Tropical magic bars are best eaten the day you make them. However, you can make them in advance if you need or want to. Store on the counter, covered, for up to 3 days, or in the fridge, covered, for up to a week.
The tropical magic bars will freeze just fine, but you will want to allow them to thaw completely at room temperature before eating.
Other desserts to try
- 24 golden oreos
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 6 oz. package dried pineapple
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 4 oz. dry roasted macadamia nuts
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare an 8-inch baking pan by spraying with non-stick spray w/ flour. You can even line the pan with foil or parchment paper, spray the paper with non-stick spray, this will allow for easy removal.
- Add the oreos and melted butter to a food processor and blend until crumbs are fine. Pour the crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan and press into the bottom. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking and cooling, chop the dried pineapple into small pieces and blend the macadamia nuts in a food processor until crumbs are formed.
- Start to layer the remaining ingredients onto the cooked crust. Sprinkle 1 cup of the white chocolate chips along the bottom, then sprinkle with the pineapple, coconut and nuts. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top. Decorate the top with the remaining chocolate chips and a little coconut.
- Turn the temperature up to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes, just until the sides are starting to turn golden in color. Cool completely, then cover with foil and chill for a few hours. When ready to cut into bars, allow them to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes and then slice and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Borden Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk 4 pack of 14 oz. Cans
NOW Foods, Macadamia Nuts, Dry Roasted with Sea Salt, Source of Fiber, Gluten-Free and Certified Non-GMO, 9-Ounce (Packaging may vary)
Baker's Angel Flake Sweetened Coconut
Jansal Valley Dried Pineapple Chunks, 1 Pound
Ghirardelli Classic White Chocolate Chip, 11 Ounce, 2 Packs
Crisco Professional Oil Spray, Cooking Pro, 12 Ounce, 12oz