Sweet, creamy chocolate goodness. This chocolate swirl cheesecake comes together quickly, and will be a family favorite.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you love cheesecake as much as I do? It’s a rich, creamy, dessert that is our family favorite. I love how easy they are to customize as well. If you are a chocolate lover, I have the cheesecake just for you.
This chocolate swirl cheesecake would be a hit at your summer parties, bake sales, or even celebrating a special day with your family, too. The best part is that you can easily make this a day ahead, and allow it to chill until you are ready to serve it.
Ingredients you will need:
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Sour cream
- Baker’s semi sweet chocolate
- Chocolate syrup
- Candy bar to make chocolate shavings (optional)
Equipment you will need:
- 8×8 baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Non stick cooking spray
- Food processor
- Hand mixer
- Vegetable peeler (for chocolate shavings)
How to make this chocolate cheesecake recipe
- Preheat oven and prepare baking pan.
- Melt chocolate and allow to cool slightly.
- Crush up oreos, mix with butter, and press into bottom of the pan.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Add in sour cream, and eggs.
- Set aside 1 cup of batter, and mix with melted chocolate.
- Pour chocolate flavor batter on top of Oreo crust.
- Spoon remaining batter and swirl.
- Bake, then cool and refrigerate.
- Top with chocolate shavings before serving.
How to store chocolate cheesecake
Store this dessert in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Ways to make this your own
- Drizzle with caramel
- Serve with fresh raspberries or strawberries
- Top with a bit of sea salt flakes
Other dessert recipes you’ll love
Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Bars
Rich, creamy, and oh so chocolatey!
- 23 each Oreos regular or double stuff
- 2 Tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ounce Baker's semi sweet baking chocolate
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick spray. You may line the pan with foil or parchment paper for easier removal; spray the liner with non-stick spray.
Start by melting the chocolate in a microwave safe dish. Cook for 30 seconds, stir the chocolate and cook for another 10 seconds if needed. Set aside to cool.
Using a food processor, crush up the oreos until they are in fine pieces. Add in the melted butter and process again until all of the oreos are coated. Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add in the sour cream and mix again. Add eggs, one at time and mixing well after each egg.
Scoop 1 cup of batter to reserve for later. If the chocolate is completely cooled, mix it into the remaining batter. Pour the chocolate batter over the cookie crust. Then spoon dollups of the reserved batter all over the top and swirl the two batters with a knife.
Bake for 40 minutes, until the edges are a light golden brown and the middle is almost set. Cool and refrigerate for a few hours before cutting.
When you are ready to cut the bars, slice the cheesecake into 16 bars and then drizzle with the chocolate sauce. To make chocolate shavings use a vegetable peeler and shave the sides of the candy bar all over the top of your cheesecake. Enjoy!