The holidays are here, but if you’re tired of making and baking the same old cakes, then this Red Velvet Christmas Wreath Cake is for you! This cake is created with a red velvet cake mix, vanilla frosting, vanilla flavoring, and a few other ingredients – it all mixes together to create an unforgettable holiday cake!
Do you love holiday cakes? Give this The Eggnog Sheet Cake a try!
Christmas Wreath Cake
The fact that you can make a cake that looks like a wreath is amazing. You will ohh and ahh your guests this year because the cake will be beautiful. Not only does it work as an awesome centerpiece this holiday season, but it’s full of holiday flavor!
What is a Wreath Cake?
A wreath cake is simply a cake that is decorated to look like a wreath. Most people put wreaths on their front doors, but they are so pretty to just leave them at that. You can make an edible wreath this holiday season, it’s just in the form of a cake! Cakes bring so much joy and this Red Velvet Christmas Wreath Cake is no exception.
Ingredients Used in Christmas Wreath Cake
- Red velvet mix – You’ll need this cake mix to help you make this delicious cake.
- Eggs – When you are making a yummy cake, you’ll need eggs!
- Water – Such a simple ingredient, but one you cannot forget.
- Vegetable oil – You’ll be glad you have vegetable oil on hand!
- Vanilla – When you add vanilla flavoring to this cake, you will be amazed with the taste!
- Vanilla or cream cheese frosting – Yes, for this cake, you get to choose which kind of frosting you prefer!
- Non stick spray – You don’t want the cake sticking to the pan.
- Buttercream or store bought icing – A simple ingredient that will make this cake so amazing!
Equipment Needed to Make This Cake
Every good cake needs a little help making it. You can make this Christmas Wreath Cake even better if you have the right tools. Here is the equipment needed to make this cake.
- Hand or stand mixer
- Piping bag
- Cake board
- Parchment lined Baking sheet
- Wilton W Decorating Tip
Make sure you check out the recipe card for the full list of equipment needed to make this cake.
How to Make a Red Velvet Christmas Wreath Cake
- Make the cake mix as directed.
- Bake the cake as directed.
- Let the cake cool and cut off any excess cake.
- Release the cake from the pan.
- Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
- Put the cake on the cake board and decorate as instructed.
Extra Notes for Making This Cake
- Make sure to freeze the cake to eliminate having crumbs in your icing.
- Be sure to add sprinkles immediately after piping stars to the top of the cake.
- This cake be done in any flavor, so be as creative as you want with this cake!
Other Cakes to Try
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Cookie Cups
- The Easiest Christmas Cookie Cake Ever
- The Easiest Coconut Cake Recipe Ever
The holidays are here, but if you're tired of making and baking the same old cakes, then this Red Velvet Christmas Wreath Cake is for you! This cake is created with a red velvet cake mix, vanilla frosting, vanilla flavoring, and a few other ingredients - it all mixes together to create an unforgettable holiday cake!
- Red velvet mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla
- Vanilla or cream cheese frosting Non stick spray
- Buttercream or store bought icing
- Spray donut pan with non stick spray and set aside
- Add cake mix, oil, water, eggs and vanilla to a bowl
- Mix until we’ll incorporated 3-4 min
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 mins
- Let cake cool completely.
- Cut off any excess cake with a serrated knife
- Release from cake pan, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 4-6 hours
- Remove from freezer, unwrap and place cake on cake board
- Dye buttercream green.
- Ice the sides of the cake in green buttercream.
- Add remaining buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a triple star tip.
- Add star stop decoration around the top of the cake giving it texture.
- Add sprinkles
- Optional: For the bow. I used ribbon and glue dots to hold them together just for presentation. Remove before serving.
- Be sure to freeze the cake to eliminate having crumbs in your icing.
- Add sprinkles immediately after piping stars to the top of the cake.
- This cake be done in any flavor