Last Updated on November 13, 2022 by Allison Lancaster
Ready to switch up your dessert platter this year? These Almond Joy Cookies are the perfect dessert to make for any time of year. Made with shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, chopped salted almonds, and graham crackers – you are literally making the most perfect dessert!
What are Almond Joy Cookies?
Want to make these cookies but aren’t sure what they are?
This almond joy cookie recipe can be described as being very soft and buttery.
Just like the candy bar, these cookies are also a tad chewy, which means they are amazing!
Simple Ingredients in the Easy Almond Joy Cookie Recipes
When it comes to making a dessert at home, simple is always best. It’s always more fun to make a dessert that tastes really good, but that doesn’t take a lot of time. These Almond Joy Cookies have a very simple ingredient breakdown.
How do I make Almond Joy Cookies?
- Shredded coconut – You can use sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Sweetened condensed milk – You are going to use just shy of half a cup for this recipe.
- Chocolate chips – Another unexpected, yet delicious part of this cookie!
- Vanilla extract – Every cookie needs a little vanilla flavoring!
- Crushed or chopped salted almonds – Make sure you add the almonds to these cookies! They make the cookies so delicious.
- Crushed graham crackers – A simple but important ingredient for these cookies!
Putting all of these ingredients together is going to get you an irresistible cookie!
How to Make Almond Joy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat the oven.
In a medium size mixing bowl add all of the ingredients except the graham crackers and stir them up with a mixing spoon.
Press the dough into the graham crackers.
Cover the top of the scoop with crumbs, then drop the cookie dough, crumb side down, onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper, or sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
Bake until the cookie starts to look golden brown.
Allow the cookies to cool before enjoying.
Is Almond Joy considered a candy?
The answer is yes! If you haven’t ever tried an Almond Joy candy bar, you can find them in the candy aisle at your local grocery store. They are my all-time favorite candy!
How long do Almond cookies last?
You can store Almond Cookies in an airtight container for up to two weeks!
What type of cookies last the longest?
If you’re looking to make a type of cookie that lasts a long time, then you’ll need to go for a shortbread cookie. They say that Danish Butter Cookies also last a long while.
Tips and Tricks for Making Almond Joy Cookies
- These easy Almond Joy Cookies use very basic ingredients, so you can keep the ingredients on hand for months before you make them. They are nice and quick “go-to” cookie recipe.
- You can add a chocolate drizzle to these cookies and it will take them to a whole new level.
- Try a different chopped nut for this recipe!
The next time you have a craving for a simple cookie, easy almond joy cookie recipes are the way to go. Have you ever made a cookie like this? What did you think?
How do I store the best Almond Joy Cookies?
I personally prefer to store these in an airtight container in my fridge. They tend to keep better that way and have a fresher taste when being stored in the fridge.
Other Cookie Recipes to Try
These Almond Joy Cookies are the perfect dessert to make for the upcoming holiday season. Made with shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, chopped salted almonds, and graham crackers - you are literally making the most perfect dessert!
- 7 oz (small bag) of shredded coconut
- ½ can of sweetened condensed milk (just shy of half a cup)
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of crushed or chopped salted almonds
- 2 crushed graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add all of the ingredients except the graham crackers and stir them up with a mixing spoon.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, press the dough into the graham crackers, covering the top of the scoop with crumbs, then drop the cookie dough, crumb side down, onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper, or sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- The graham cracker crumbs will keep the cookies from being too sticky after baking so that you can stack and store them.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the cookie starts to look golden brown.
- Allow to cool before removing from the cookie sheet and storing in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.