Perfect for those fall holiday parties you are going to, these ghost cupcakes aren’t scary, they are sweet as candy!
Summer can come and go so quickly, right? Then, before we know it, it’s fall and all the holiday parties start up. Levi is so excited to dress up for Halloween this year, and I plan to make these cupcakes together to kick off a new special tradition!
These ghost cupcakes are a hit every time. Not at all scary, and sweet as candy. The cute little decorations are a hit with the kids and adults alike. They are simple to make, and only take about an hour from start to finish.
What kind of cupcakes do I need to make these ghost cupcakes?
This recipe calls for a vanilla cupcake recipe. The orange will mix better with the vanilla. However, if you want to mix it up, you can skip the orange food coloring and make chocolate cupcakes instead. Use either homemade or the boxed cupcake recipe.
How many cupcakes does this recipe make?
I make 24 cupcakes with a single box cupcake mix. You could always double, or triple the recipe as needed. Another option is to make mini cupcakes, if you need smaller cupcakes or more cupcakes out of a single batch.
Other cupcakes to try:
Southern Lemon Cupcakes
Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes
How easy is this ghost cupcake recipe?
This recipe is so easy! Simply make your favorite cupcake recipe. If using vanilla, add the orange gel food coloring. If using chocolate, you can skip that part. Bake according to the recipe directions.
Allow the cupcakes to completely cool, then add your favorite flavor of frosting, with blue food coloring mixed in. Top with ghost candy and enjoy! Store on the countertop for 2-3 days, in the fridge for up to a week, and you can freeze the cupcakes up to a month. If freezing, allow to thaw and THEN frost just before serving.
- Your favorite vanilla cake mix or homemade recipe
- Your favorite vanilla icing or buttercream recipe
- Wilton Gel Food colors – these allow for very vibrant coloring
- Wilton Candy Corn Ghosts
- Using a large bowl mix up your favorite cake mix according to directions. When fully mixed use the red and yellow gel coloring to reach a desired shade of vibrant orange. Fill cupcake liners with vibrant orange batter and bake.
- While your cupcakes are cooling mix vanilla icing with the blue gel color to reach desired shade of blue.
- Use an angled spatula, ice cupcakes.
- Place Ghost and Candy Corn decoration on top of cupcake.
What is your favorite flavor of cupcake? Will you try these ghost cupcakes?
- 1 box vanilla cupcake mix or 1 batch homemade
- 1 can vanilla frosting or 1 batch homemade
- Wilton gel food coloring red, yellow, and blue
- 2 packages Wilton Candy Corn Ghosts
Using a large bowl mix up your favorite cake mix according to directions. When fully mixed use the red and yellow gel coloring to reach a desired shade of vibrant orange.
Fill cupcake liners with vibrant orange batter and bake.
While your cupcakes are cooling mix vanilla icing with the blue gel color to reach desired shade of blue.
Use an angled spatula, ice cupcakes.Place Ghost and Candy Corn decoration on top of cupcake. Enjoy!