Biting into a store-bought Dorito is an amazing experience. However, creating Homemade Doritos and being able to enjoy them anytime you’d like is a whole new experience. The crunchiness! The flavor! It’s delicious and you’re about to learn all about DIY Doritos.
There is no doubt that learning to make something like this on your own can be a little intimidating. However, my recipe is SIMPLE and it doesn’t require many ingredients at all! Plus, you don’t need a lot of kitchen equipment to get the job done. You’ll need a frying pan, paper towels, and a knife. Simple enough, right?
Ingredients Needed for DIY Doritos
The ingredient list is short for these Doritos. With this list of ingredients, you’re about to learn how to make your very own Doritos, right at home!
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Ranch seasoning
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Granulated sugar
- Onion powder
All of these ingredients are going to come together to help you create a snack that is crunchy and satisfying! If you’re tired of checking to see if your favorite snack is on the shelf at your local grocery store, then this recipe is for you!
How to Make Homemade Doritos
- Combine seasonings into a bowl.
- Slice the tortillas into 6-8 equal.
- Heat the oil to and fry on both sides for a total of 3-4 mins.
- Go ahead and remove and drain on paper towels.
- Don’t forget to toss in homemade Doritos in the seasonings.
- Repeat until you use up all of the tortillas!
FAQs for Making DIY Doritos
- How do I store Homemade Doritos? You can store them in a zip-top bag or any other airtight container. Remember to not add too much air, otherwise, they may go stale.
- Can I add anything else to these Homemade Doritos? You can add anything that you want, but it will change the flavor of the recipe. Make sure you make these Doritos to your liking before changing anything!
- What type of Ranch seasoning should I use? You can use any type of Ranch seasoning that you like. You can even make your own if you want!
- Can I use any type of tortilla? You can use corn or flour tortillas. You can use any brand you’d like too!
Variations for Making Homemade Doritos
You can also add variations to this recipe to make them even more delicious! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add some chopped-up green onions for extra flavor.
- Use chili powder instead of smoked paprika for a spicy kick.
- Add a tablespoon of melted butter for a richer flavor.
- Sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese on top for a cheesy crunch.
There you have it – some amazing variation options for learning how to make Doritos.
Other Fun Snacks to Try
Biting into a store-bought Dorito is an amazing experience. However, creating Homemade Doritos and being able to enjoy them anytime you'd like is a whole new experience. The crunchiness! The flavor! It's delicious and you're about to learn all about DIY Doritos.
- 1/2 pack (15 pieces) corn or flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine seasonings into bowl
- Slice the tortillas into 6-8 equal
- Heat the oil to 350F
- Fry on both sides for a total of 3-4 mins
- Remove and drain on paper towels
- Toss in seasonings
If doing large batches add seasoning to ziplock bag and shake after frying.
If airfrying be sure to spray with a little olive oil, toss in seasonings and then air fry for the most flavor.