Looking for a delicious breakfast on Valentine’s Day morning? Introducing: Heart shaped cinnamon rolls: a delicious and sweet way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your family!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Even though we don’t go ‘all out’ and celebrate with expensive gifts and fancy dinners, I love showing the loves of my life (Josh, Levi & Rebecca) how special they are to me. These heart shaped cinnamon rolls are a delicious breakfast treat for Valentine’s Day morning and SO easy to make!
How do I make these heart shaped cinnamon rolls?
Grab your favorite cinnamon rolls from the store. Personally, I prefer Pillsbury but any brand will work! That’s one thing I love about this recipe: you can use store bought dough!
How difficult are these to make Valentine’s Day morning?
Really, the most difficult part of this recipe is rolling out the dough into hearts.
Should I lower the cook time on these heart shaped cinnamon rolls?
One tip for these: keep a close eye on your cinnamon rolls…they bake quicker than normal when rolled out into the heart shapes!
After you’ve baked your cinnamon rolls, simply add the icing and sprinkles and voila! A delicious Valentine’s Day breakfast!
- 1 Can Cinnamon Rolls. (Make sure you can roll them out. Most store brands and the large Pillsbury Grands for giant hearts)
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Unroll your Cinnamon Rolls.
- Take both corners of your Cinnamon Rolls and start rolling them to the middle. Once you reach the middle, pinch the bottom to make a point. Make sure to pinch together really well so the dough stays together when baking.
- Pre-Heat the oven to 400 degrees and cook for 8-10 minutes. The Cinnamon Rolls cook rather quickly when rolled like a heart, so keep an eye on them!
- Once your Cinnamon Rolls have finished baking and have fully cooled. It’s time to start frosting the Valentine Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls.
- Take your sprinkles and sprinkle away!!!