One of my all-time favorite flavors is german chocolate. I LOVE coconut and of course, who doesn’t love chocolate? These easy german chocolate cheesecake bars are one of my new favorite recipes. I love that they are well, easy, but they taste like you’ve spent all day making them. They’re elegant enough for a large dinner party, but easy enough that you can throw them together for a weeknight dinner!
Easy German Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup of Pecans chopped
- 1 cup of Coconut chopped
- 1 box of German Chocolate Cake including ingredients needed on box
- 8 oz. of Cream Cheese
- 2 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 of a cup of butter
- Start by greasing a 9 x 13 in. baking pan, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together your pecans and coconuts. Cover the bottom of your baking pan with your pecan and coconut mixture.
- Mix your cake batter as directed on the box, and pour over your pecans and coconut.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, mix together your cream cheese, powdered sugar, and butter.
- Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Spoon mixture over cake batter.
- Use a knife to cut batter, giving the cream cheese and batter a marbleized look.
- Bake for 45 minutes, and then let cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!