Enjoy the fall and coming holidays with these Halloween cookies! So easy to make, the kids can help with them.
Baking with the kids is a fun time. There’s lots of opportunity to have them help with these cookies, too. Yes, an adult needs to run the oven, but even our youngest can help add sprinkles and frosting to these cookies.
Can I use store bought cookies?
While these cookies are super easy to make, you CAN use store bought chocolate chip cookies. Simply add the frosting and sprinkles in between 2 cookies to make your sandwich.
Ingredients you need:
- All purpose flour
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Chocolate Chips
Equipment you will want
Making your Halloween cookies:
- Preheat oven and prepare baking sheet.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine bugger, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon full and bake.
- Spread frosting on one cookie, top with another and add sprinkles.
How do I store these?
If you have leftovers they are okay to leave on the counter in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Other Cookies To Try
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Kentucky Bourbon Butter Cookies
- Amish Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
In another large mixing bowl combine brown sugar, sugar & butter. Crack an egg & add vanilla & mix well.
Slowly add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Make into tablespoon sized balls and place on a nonstick pan or a parchment paper lined pan.
Use a spoon to slightly flatten.Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven. Place on cooling rack.
Once cookies have cooled, spread frosting on the inside of every other cookie.
Place a cookie on top to make a cookie sandwich.Sprinkle the edges.Serve & enjoy.