Celebrate the holiday season and let your heart grow 2 sizes in one day with these adorable Grinch Marshmallow Pops!
This is my family’s favorite time of year. All the decorations are up at the stores, and Christmas music is playing on the radio. It’s a time of year when people try and be nicer to each other as well.
We love watching the classic movies that play this time of year, too. One of our favorites is “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”. Levi watched it for the first time this year and he keeps asking to watch it over and over!
This snack is so easy to make, and it’s a lot of fun having Levi help put the marshmallows on the sticks. It certainly helps get us all in the holiday mood. These Grinch pops are also great at a holiday party, especially for kids. Grinch pops are so much fun to make, and so easy, too.
How do I make these Grinch marshmallow pops?
You will want to place the marshmallows on the skewers carefully, if possible. Use a slight twisting motion to help avoid them getting crushed. Or, let your 3 year old have at it, and if they get crushed a bit, so what, right?
Melt the candy melts, then drizzle over the marshmallows. Add your sprinkles and allow the candy melts to set a bit.
How should I store these Grinch pops?
Due to the nature of the candy, and soft marshmallows, they are best stored in the tummies of your favorite group of 3-5 year olds. However, barring that, they are better stored in the fridge in a tightly covered container.
They will last in the fridge for up to 3 days.
What kind of marshmallows should I use?
I like the jet puffed regular marshamallows in the vanilla flavor for this recipe. However, you can try any flavor of marshmallow you’d like. The coconut, chocolate, and strawberry are all great for this, too. If you want Kosher, or vegan, try these marshmallows.
Do I have to use piping bags?
Piping bags do make the job easier. However, if you want, you CAN always put the melted candy melts into a ziplock bag, seal it shut, then cut the tip of the corner. Same effect.
Are you ready to make a fun Christmas treat? Let’s grab our marshmallows and get to work on some yummy Grinch marshmallow pops! May your hearts grow 2 sizes this year!
Grinch Marshmallow Pops
- 24 regular-size marshmallows
- White candy melts or vanilla flavored almond bark
- Green candy melts
- Bright green candy melts
- Heart sprinkles
- Piping bags
- Bamboo skewers or treat sticks
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Press four marshmallows onto a skewer or treat stick with a twisting motion. Lay on waxed paper.
- Melt white candy according to package directions making sure not to overheat. If the candy gets too hot, it will seize. If desired, add 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening or coconut oil to make the melted candy pourable.
- Pour melted candy over the marshmallows allowing the excess to drop back into the bowl. For best results, scrape the candy from the bottom (the side you place on the waxed paper.)
- Allow to dry completely.
- In separate bowls, melt the green candy according to package directions making sure not to overheat. If the candy gets too hot, it will seize. If desired, add 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening or coconut oil to make the melted candy pourable.
- Transfer melted candy to piping bags, keeping the colors separated. One at a time, snip the corner from the piping bags and drizzle colored candy melts over the marshmallows. While the candy is still wet, add sprinkles as desired.
- Allow the marshmallows to rest on waxed paper until set before packaging or serving. Before removing the marshmallow pops from the waxed paper, cut along the sides with a knife.
Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ateco 4712 Disposable Decorating Bags, 12-Inch, Pack of 100
Perfectware Bamboo Knot 4-300ct 4" Bamboo Knot Picks (Pack of 300)
Wilton Jumbo Heart Sprinkles - 3.25 oz.
Wilton Dark Green Candy Melts Candy, 12 oz.
Jet Marshmallow, Regular-16 oz
Kraft, Jet-Puffed, Mallow Bites, Toasted Coconut Marshmallows, 8oz Bag (Pack of 4)
Kraft, Jet-Puffed, Strawberry Marshmallows, 8 oz Bag
Stuffed Puffs, Chocolate Filled Marshmallows (10 oz bag, Pack of 2)
Dandies - Vegan Marshmallows, Vanilla, 10 Ounce (Pack of 2)