Celebrate the season with these fun abominable snowman cups! So cute and easy to make!
The holiday season is full of wonder, excitement, and a little bit of “magic”. Watching some of the classic movies on TV, such as the classic “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” is one of our family’s favorite holiday past times.
My personal favorite character is the abominable snow monster. He’s like the guy who is just misunderstood, and needs a friend. He is a classic example of why some bullies are the way they are, and it makes for a great teaching moment for Levi.
Sometimes, other kids can be mean, but it’s not because of YOU. It may be that they are just hurting, or sad, and don’t know how to tell someone that.
Of course, making these cute snowman cups to eat while watching that movie is a fun way to spend an afternoon. We like to make them early in the day, then enjoy them after dinner, when the movie comes on. Snowman jello cups would also make a cute favor for holiday parties.
What’s so great about these, is that they are kid friendly to make. Levi loves to stir the gelatin and condensed milk, and to help decorate the cups. They take about 2 hours, start to finish to make, and that means we can take a break between layers, too.
Do I have to use Jell-O for these snowman jello cups?
Well, actually no. Some are concerned about the source of the gelatin in Jell-O, so no worries. You can make them out of unflavored gelatin, and use cherry juice instead of water.
How easy are these jello cups to make, really?
Very easy. Simply make your red layer of jello, and allow that to set. Make your white jello layer, and let that set. Top with another red layer, and decorate as desired. You will want to pick up this adorable decorating set to complete your dessert cups.
Are you ready to play some reindeer games? Let’s make some jello cups and travel to the Island of Misfit Toys! Maybe that glowing red nose can lead the way.
*as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases*
- Small shot glass cups
- 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
- 1 Cherry Gelatin (3 oz size)
- 1 packet of unflavored gelatin (3 oz size)
- Condensed Milk
- Rudolph Cocoa Trimming Kit
- Place cherry Jell-O in a bowl and whisk in 2/3 cup boiling water. Stir until dissolved and allow to cool. Once cooled, fill each cup about 1/3 full of blue and allow to chill and set in the refrigerator.
- Mix 1 packet of unflavored gelatin with 2/3 cup water and 1 can of condensed milk
- Add white gelatin on top of the cherry once set and place in refrigerator.
- Once the white gelation has fully set top with another layer of cherry.
- Once the third layer is set top with whipped cream to make your snowman body. Top with abominable snowman face.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
* Makes about 24 cups