I received a product in exchange for this post. As always, all opinions are my own.
I am so glad that the weather is getting warmer. Warmer weather means delicious treats! Our little one loves bananas, it’s his #1 favorite food (for right now). I have been trying to find ways to mix up his banana eating habits lately by incorporating them into other treats and snacks for him. Of course you have the normal banana breads, yogurt, etc. but I also knew that I wanted a frozen treat for him to have to cool down this summer. A bonus for me is that they include chocolate – yum! These frozen banana granola pops are not only delicious, but they are an easy to make snack for all ages!
Frozen Banana Granola Pops
- 4 bananas
- 3 tablespoons Viki's Banana Walnut Granola
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips or shards
- 8 Popsicle sticks
• Peel, cut bananas in half crosswise and insert Popsicle sticks. Place on a parchment-lined tray, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about 3 hours.
• Place Viki's Banana Walnut Granola into a shallow dish. Melt chocolate in a double boiler over slightly simmering water, over low heat, constantly stirring. Pour the chocolate into a tall glass.
• Dip each banana into the chocolate and roll in the granola straightaway. Place on a parchment-lined tray.
• Serve immediately or wrap individually in parchment paper or plastic wrap in the freezer.
What’s your favorite summer snack recipe?