A busy weeknight dinner can be on the table in under 30 minutes with this easy ravioli casserole!
Running errands. Doctor visits. Grocery store. Laundry. Picking up the kids from playdates or school. Life never seems to stop moving, especially for parents.
After a busy day, you may be tempted to run through the drive thru for a quick and easy dinner. We do it all the time, but sometimes: I just want a home cooked meal! Let’s face it. We all need some easy recipes that will get us from weekday busyness to dinner with ease. Recipes that we can count on for family friendly, kid approved flavor.
This ravioli casserole is just such a recipe!
Quick, easy, and even toddler approved, this ravioli casserole can be on the table in under 30 minutes. I like it for that reason. It’s also a great “make ahead” recipe for Sunday meal prep times. Simply follow the directions to make, and then cover with foil. Stick it in the fridge and pull it out the night you want to make this. Easy, peasy!
Need some other easy recipes? Check these out:
So, how do you make this ravioli casserole?
You want to start with a package of cheese ravioli. You can get them from the grocery store, or Sam’s Club, if you have one nearby. Fresh or frozen raviolis will work the same in this recipe. Simply cook the ravioli according to package directions.
Brown your ground beef, drain the fat and mix it with the marinara sauce. Homemade is great here, if you have it, otherwise a jar of store bought sauce is awesome. Most “family size” jars will be enough to have 1 jar for this recipe. If you want to add more sauce, that’s great, too!
Top with cheese and bake. Serve a tossed salad and crusty bread on the side and you have a great meal in minutes with very little effort! Way to go, YOU!
- 1 (18 to 25 ounce) package cheese ravioli
- 1 ½ pound ground chuck, browned and drained
- 3 cups homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine the cooked ground beef and marinara sauce. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Ladle about 1 cup sauce into the bottom of the baking dish to create an even layer.
- Add a layer of ravioli, sauce, and mozzarella, topping with sauce and reserving a small amount of mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and return to oven. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through and the cheese has melted.
What is your favorite weeknight easy dinner? Will you try this ravioli casserole?