This Easter mini bundt cake recipe is a great one to create to get into the fun feeling of spring! Keep on reading to find out how you can make these at home for yourself!
Easter recipes are so fun to create, especially after a cold and dreary winter. The colors of Easter are light, bright and honestly energizing. That’s where recipes like this Easter mini bundt cake recipe come in. Shake off those winter blues and embrace the fresh feeling of spring with these super easy and fun cakes!
If you’re baking these for kids, you may want to get them involved with the baking process too. This recipe includes ingredients like colorful sprinkles and chocolate eggs, which kids are very likely to enjoy decorating with… and let’s be real, they’re likely going to love sneaking a few of the eggs to snack on during the process!
Make some wonderful family Easter memories while you make these delicious Easter mini bundt cakes.
How do you get a mini bundt cake out of the pan?
You definitely want to make sure you’ve properly greased the bundt cake before pouring in the batter to have a good chance at getting your mini bundt cake out of the pan in one piece.
If your cake still isn’t coming out smoothly, try to firmly bang the pan down, and the force is often enough to knock the cake out.
If you find that you’re still struggling, you can grab a dish towel and get it wet with very hot water (but make sure it’s not soaking and dripping wet). Then lay the dish towel over the bundt pan and the steam from the hot towel should help loosen the cake from the pan.
How long are mini bundt cakes good for?
You can store the cakes in the fridge for up to 5 days, but I’m sure these won’t likely be left alone that long!
Do you flip a bundt cake right away?
Not ideally! You should try to let the cake cool for about 10 minutes in the pan before trying to remove it. Once it’s removed, let it cool completely before decorating.
Try out this super fun and simple Easter mini bundt cake recipe, and have fun decorating with fun spring colors!
- 1 box of your favorite yellow cake mix
- 1 container of white vanilla frosting (16 oz)
- Red food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a nonstick mini Bundt cake pan with baking spray. In large bowl, prepare your favorite cake mix according to directions.
- Once fully mixed, divide yellow cake batter equally into cake pan cups (about 1/3 cup each). Be sure to fill cake pan cups only half way.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Once slightly cooled, carefully loosen around sides of each cake with small knife; turn upside down onto cooling rack, and remove the cakes the rest of the way. Allow cakes to continue to cool for about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, add half of the frosting and a few drops of food coloring to reached desired tint of pink. Microwave for 10 to 15 seconds, stirring until smooth glaze consistency. If necessary, heat in 5 second increments until desired consistency is reached. Carefully spoon over the tops of the cakes (allow some frosting to drip down). Sprinkle the tops of with sprinkles or your favorite spring candy. Repeat with yellow or any other colors desired.
I hope you enjoy this fun and yummy Easter mini bundt cake recipe! If you’re looking for some more fun Easter ideas, you can try out this marbled Easter egg craft with the kids!