Do you have a million plastic grocery bags floating around? I know I do. Keep your shopping bags organized with this easy diy coffee can bag holder.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Most families can get up to 15-25 plastic bags every time they go to the grocery store. This can include things that are single bagged, such as meat, or things that are double bagged, such as heavy canned items.
All those bags can add up. When they add up, plastic bags can wind up all over the place, creating massive amounts of clutter. There has to be a better way to keep them all organized.
This is an easy, DIY solution to keeping those bags under control and at your finger tips.
Make a DIY grocery bag holder to keep in your home, your car or even your office. You never know when they will come in handy! Plus, you have the added benefit of very organized cabinets! Total win-win!
Items you need:
- Large plastic coffee can with lid
- Grocery bags
- Sharp scissors or knife
Making your coffee can bag holder:
- Flatten bags and gather together at the bottom. Pull handles up so they are ‘open’.
- Make small “X” in the lid of your can.
- Stuff the bag into the coffee can (or wipes container), leaving only the handles out.
- Pull the next flattened bag through the handles of the one in the container. Fold bottom of the new bag over the previous bag’s handles.
- Stuff new bag into the container and start the process over until your container is full!
Other ideas for this coffee can DIY project
One of the best ideas about this project is that it can be used for so many other items. You’ll want to make several for all of them.
- Dirty diaper holder at the beach
- Holding homemade hand wipes
- A car “emergency” snack kit for keeping healthy snacks at your fingertips when traveling.
If you are using these for diapers or other soiled items, you can add a few drops of essential oils (any scent) to the bottom of the container. The bags will come out smelling fresh and keep the bad scent locked in longer!