If you love Little Debbie’s Christmas Tree Cakes, this Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip will be a dessert that you want to add to your menu this holiday season. Filled with your favorite Christmas flavors this festive Christmas Tree Cake dip is going to be the talk of your holiday party!
What are Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes?
They are one of the cutest holiday treats you’ll ever see! If you have never had one, they are vanilla Christmas tree-shaped cakes filled with a fluffy vanilla filling and wrapped in decadent icing. Not only that, they are decorated just like Christmas trees which makes them even more fun!
Why You’ll Love Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip
Christmas tree cakes are one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season. There is just something about opening a box of them that says “It’s the holiday season!”.
Not only are they a delicious treat, but they are also an adorable addition to a holiday dessert platter. Christmas tree cakes are fun, and festive and add a bit of cheer to your dessert table!
How to make Christmas Tree Cake Dip
This Christmas tree cake dip is so easy to make! The best part? You won’t even have to heat up your oven to make this dip. You simply put your ingredients together and mix them up. Voila! The perfect holiday dessert that is easy and fun to make.
Ingredients needed to make Little Debbie Christmas tree cake dip
- vanilla Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes, crumbled
- cream cheese, room temperature
- vanilla extract
- frozen whipped topping, thawed
- red candy melts (optional)
- Red and green colored sanding sugar
Directions for Little Debbie Christmas tree cake dip
This dip is so easy to make! The best part is you can make it ahead of your party. It stores well in the fridge for up to 3 days. I recommend making it the day prior to your party though so that it’s as fresh as possible.
To put the dip together, simply mix your ingredients together, add to your bowl and enjoy!
I like to top my dip with additional Christmas sprinkles and a candy melt drizzle.
How to make candy melt drizzle for the top of the dip
If you want to add a festive touch to your dip you can melt red (or green!) candy melts together and drizzle on wax paper.
Let the drizzle dry fully then transfer to the top of your dip! You can experiment with a variety of shapes and designs if you’d like.
This is a fun step for the kids to help with!
Where can I buy Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes?
I purchase mine from our local grocery store. Most big box stores carry them as well.
I have also purchased them on Amazon!
How to store Christmas Tree Cake Dip
Since this dip has cream cheese in it, you will want to store the dip in your fridge. You can store it in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Be sure to cover the dip with saran wrap or place it in an airtight container.
Can I use Other Types of Little Debbie Cakes?
Yes! If you want to make this dip during a time of year when Christmas tree cakes are not in stores, you can use pretty much any type of Little Debbie cake.
Do Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes come in chocolate?
They sure do and they are delicious! The vanilla ones are honestly my favorite but the chocolate ones are pretty great, too.
If you wanted to use the Chocolate Christmas tree cakes for this dip you absolutely could!
What to serve with Christmas Tree Cake Dip?
I personally like to set out a variety of cookies to serve with this dip. You can also serve it with other things like pretzels, fruit, etc.
I love adding the dip to a gorgeous Christmas serving bowl. A few of my favorites are below!
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip
If you love Little Debbie's Christmas Tree Cakes, this Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip will be a dessert that you want to add to your menu this holiday season. Filled with your favorite Christmas flavors this festive Christmas Tree Cake dip is going to be the talk of your holiday party!
- 1 (5 count) box vanilla Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup red candy melts, melted (optional)
- Red and green colored sanding sugar
- In a large bowl, beat together the cakes, cream cheese, milk, and vanilla extract until well mixed.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping until blended. Then, stir in the remaining whipped topping.
- (Optional) Place a piece of waxed paper on a flat surface. Place the red candy melts into a piping bag with the corner snipped. Drizzle a zig zag or wavy line onto the waxed paper and allow it to dry completely. Carefully remove the waxed paper and place the candy lines onto the dip.
- Top the dip with colored sugar.
- Serve with assorted cookies, fruit dippers, or pretzels.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.