Spring is here again and it’s time to dive deep and do all the cleaning. I know Spring cleaning can feel daunting, but I have broken it down into a 30-day spring cleaning challenge printable calendar so that you can get your home deep cleaned even if you are a busy mom being pulled in countless different directions at all times.
So let’s get started!
General Cleaning Ideas
There are so many ways to use this printable cleaning list. You can either use it as a 30-day calendar starting on the first of the month or you can use each line as a whole week.
If you choose to make each one a week then you will have a day of rest and a day to catch up. Catch up days are perfect if you are really busy one day and just don’t get to the list.
What is Spring Cleaning?
Traditionally, spring cleaning is a time to deep clean your home from top to bottom. This usually happens after the winter when everything has been shut up and there is a need for a good refresh.
Spring cleaning is also a great time to declutter and get rid of anything that you no longer need or use. One person’s trash can be another person’s treasure. So, if you are feeling overwhelmed with all the stuff in your home, start spring cleaning by getting rid of what you don’t need.
Tips for Spring Cleaning
1. Make a list and plan ahead. Planning is key when it comes to spring cleaning. If you don’t have a plan, you will likely get sidetracked and never finish. Make a list of everything that needs to be done and then break it down into smaller tasks.
2. Set a goal. When I am feeling unmotivated, setting a goal helps me to get moving. Spring cleaning is the perfect opportunity to set a goal for yourself. Maybe you want to have your entire home clean in a week or maybe you just want to get rid of all the clutter. Whatever your goal is, write it down and put it somewhere you can see it every day.
3. Get organized. One of the best ways to spring clean your home is to organize it as you go. This means taking a little time each day to put things away and make sure everything has a place. Not only will this help you keep your home clean, but it will also help you stay organized in the long run.
4. Take your time. Don’t try to rush through spring cleaning. This is not a race. Take your time and enjoy the process. Don’t forget to take breaks when you need them.
5. Have fun. Spring cleaning doesn’t have to be a chore. If you approach it with the right attitude, you can actually have fun while you are doing it. Put on some music, open the windows, and get to work.
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Of course with any cleaning plan, we will start in the heart of the home- your kitchen. For many families, the kitchen is where the action is and where people gather to make snacks and hang out.
It makes sense that this room also tends to be the messiest. It has the most places to deep clean and attracts the most clutter. So starting here when you’re pumped makes sense.
The Rest of the House
Then you move through cleaning your other areas like bedrooms, dining room, laundry area, bathrooms.
While going through each room keep a box handy for donations and a bag for trash. As you clean and dust through your things, really decide if you still want everything in the area you are cleaning. You can declutter the area while you are cleaning the area.
So often clutter slowly and sneakily shows up in our homes through gifts, impulse buys and other people in our home.
Take a Break
Bet you didn’t think I’d say that, did you?
Something important I want to point out in this 30 day challenge is for you to look and see all those days of rest. Every 6th day is set up to be a day of rest. Don’t skip them! You need those to keep from getting burnt out.
Taking a break is not lazy, it’s energy and motivation conservation. Making small steps towards a cleaner house is still steps forward.
Moms have a lot on their plate every day and this challenge is set up for success over a whole month, not exhaustion over a few days. So slow and steady is the best way to tackle your home cleaning schedule this spring.
Printable Spring Cleaning Checklist
Use this printable 30 Day Spring Cleaning Challenge to get your house cleaned and decluttered in 5 weeks without exhausting yourself.
Click here to download yours!