Baby number two will be here in just a few short weeks! It still seems surreal to me, this pregnancy has been so different from my first pregnancy. One of the things that I really struggled with after having Levi was breastfeeding. After 18 hours of labor, a C-section and his NICU stay, breastfeeding was difficult for me as a first time mom. My milk supply never fully came in, so from day one we had to supplement. Thankfully, this was something that I knew could be a possibility and I was ok with it. However, this time, I would love to be able to only breastfeed our girl. These no bake lactation cookies are one of my ‘weapons’ I plan to use to help maximize my breastmilk supply and breastfeed as long as possible.
No Bake Lactation Cookies
- 5 cups of oats
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of flaxseed
- 6 Tbsp of brewer's yeast linked below
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of butter 16 Tbsp
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
1. In a mixing bowl combine the oats, chopped walnuts, flaxseed, and brewer's yeast. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized pot, heat the milk, butter, sugar, and cocoa over medium heat. Once it comes to a rolling boil, let it continue to boil for 1 minute. Then add the peanut butter and vanilla, and mix well.
4. Add the pot mixture to the dry ingredients and combine.
5. Prepare a cookie sheet with wax paper and spoon the mixture onto the paper. One spoonful makes a great snack size.
6. Refrigerate and enjoy!
To purchase the Brewer’s Yeast, you can use my affiliate link here.