This 3 ingredient pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe is a tasty combination of ready-to-go cinnamon rolls, warm pumpkin puree, and chopped pecans, baked in the oven and topped with gooey icing, it’s the perfect fall breakfast or dessert!
These pumpkin cinnamon rolls are amazing! If you’re as obsessed with pumpkin as I am and love cinnamon rolls, but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen making them from scratch. Then this recipe is for you!
These 3 ingredient pumpkin cinnamon rolls are semi-homemade and use store-bought refrigerated cinnamon roll dough. You don’t have to worry about getting the cinnamon to sugar ratio right, proofing the dough, or any of that. Just unroll the dough, spread on some pumpkin puree, sprinkle on some chopped pecans, and roll it up! Bake in the oven until golden brown and gooey, then top with icing, and you’re done! Plus, they only take about 30 minutes to make! So easy and so delicious – you will love them!
Why You’ll Love These Soft Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- No hassle. These are semi-homemade, which means they come together quickly and with little effort.
- Inexpensive. Store-bought cinnamon rolls are very inexpensive, especially if you buy them on sale or with a coupon.
- Feed a crowd. This recipe makes 8 cinnamon rolls, so it’s perfect for feeding a large group of people and super easy to double.
- Perfect for fall. These cinnamon rolls are flavored with pumpkin puree, making them the perfect fall breakfast or dessert!
Equipment You’ll Need To Make Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Pie pan glass or metal
Ingredients You’ll Need For Your Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Pecan pieces
- Pumpkin puree
How To Make This Easy 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a glass or metal pie pan with cooking spray and set aside. Place the cinnamon rolls on a cutting board or flat surface. Try to keep them all together when removing them from the can.
- Gently unroll the cinnamon rolls and spread them out. Spread a thin, even layer of pumpkin puree on the inside of the cinnamon roll dough.
- Carefully Roll the cinnamon rolls back up.
- Separate the individual rolls from the strip of dough. Place them, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish. If you’re having trouble separating them use a sharp knife to assist you. Try to avoid smashing the dough together when cutting.
- Place the individual cinnamon rolls in a circle around the pie plate or cake pan and one in the center. (7 in the outer circle) It’s okay if they are touching you want them to do that!
- Top with the pecans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and top with icing (included in the cinnamon roll can). Serve warm. Enjoy!
How To Store & Reheat Cinnamon Rolls
These cinnamon rolls are best served warm, but they will keep at room temperature for a day or two. If you need to reheat them, place them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until warmed through. You can also microwave individual cinnamon rolls for 30-45 seconds.
Can I use pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree?
Yes! You can use pumpkin pie filling in place of the pumpkin puree. Just keep in mind that pumpkin pie filling is usually cloyingly sweet if you are using store-bought, so you might end up with overly sweet rolls.
If you want to add some pumpkin spice seasoning to the pumpkin puree, you can do that too!
Do I have to use pecans?
No, you don’t have to use pecans if you don’t want to. You could use chopped walnuts or almonds. You can also omit them entirely. I just like the crunch and added flavor pecans add to these cinnamon rolls.
Can I make these cinnamon rolls ahead of time?
Yes, you can make them up to a day in advance. Follow all the instructions through step seven and then place them in the fridge overnight. In the morning, take them out of the fridge and let them sit on the counter for about an hour to come to room temperature. Then bake as directed.
Other Pumpkin Recipes You’re Sure To Love
- Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- No-Bake Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake
- 5 Step Pumpkin Bread
I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious recipe for semi-homemade pumpkin cinnamon rolls! If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment letting me know how you liked it. And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I love hearing from you!
3-Ingredient Pumpkin Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 2 ounces of pecan pieces
- 1/2 can of pumpkin puree
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roll out the cinnamon rolls so they lie completely flat to make one big rectangle.
Spread the pumpkin puree on top of the cinnamon roll dough.
Roll up the cinnamon roll dough into one big log.
Separate and place into a round greased baking pan like you would with regular cinnamon rolls.
Top with pecan pieces.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and spread the glaze that came with the cinnamon rolls on top.
Serve immediately and enjoy!